Riddle me this

GAT

Dumbfounded
Gear guys will pay good money for lures like swimbaits for bass. Some of these are over 100 bucks a pop. Bass maybe up to 10 pounds.

Flyfisherman dont pay much over 2 dollars a pop for a hand tied fly. Trout to 10 pounds maybe.

What's the deal?
Obviously the bass buys have more money laying around to spend on their lures...

On the other hand, we fly anglers pay waaaaaay too much for our reels.

KerryS

Ignored Member
Bass fisherman might lack subtlety when it comes to wardrobe but it doesn't necessarily mean they lack skill. Go try skipping a jig with a baitcaster. Please post a picture of the resulting birds nest. :)
I was fishing the spreader hole one evening after work using a 6126 lined with a homemade Skagit line. The wind was blowing straight upriver and fairly hard which is common in the summertime. I was casting almost straight out sidearm trying to keep my line low to the river in an attempt to cut through the wind. A couple times I cast too low and hit the water. Then it happened. Somehow I skipped the line off the water. What?! I’ve have never seen anyone skip a flyline. I had seen people skip lures but not a fly line. I spent the rest of the evening trying to duplicate the skipping line without much success. I have attempted this in more controlled (less windy) conditions and have had limited success but did managed to skip line a couple times.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Speaking of Harley.... they are in a bad way. It turns out their customers, primarily Baby Boomers, are dying off or too frail to ride and the younger generation isn't interested in owning a not-really-all-that-great motorcycle. They could care less about the name badge. Other than buying the name badge, you really don't get anything special with a Harley.

They are still selling pretty well in foreign countries but tariffs could mess with that.

Soooooo.... they are merging with, get this, a small electric motorcycle company in California that makes electric off-road motorcycles. Not only is Harley NOT known for building off-road bikes but electric ones at that!

Buzzy

...or ride a Harley where wearing a costume is mandatory to be a non-conformist...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Amen, Ive! My fishing buddy Engee bought a Kawasaki about a dozen years ago, traded it in and is on his third Harley now (and it ain't stock)................ last time we talked, he hadn't bought a fishing license yet.

Starman77

I wonder how many of us fly fishers golf? And how much do you spend on your clubs, club fees, golf cart, golf shoes, golf pants, golf shrits, hats, ball (singular) washer?
Not to mention golf lessons, instructional DVDs, golf clinics, fees for golf tournaments, and big tips for the cart girl in vain hopes that she'll flirt with you. :confused:

$100 terminal tackle tied to 50 lb braid.
$2 fly tied to 5x tippet that perhaps exceeds 5 lb class if you splurged on your tippet. Who loses more dinero to break-offs in a season? Debatable regardless of the boats or trucks used to get your line in the water.

SquatchinSince86

Totally Unprofessional
Speaking of Harley.... they are in a bad way. It turns out their customers, primarily Baby Boomers, are dying off or too frail to ride and the younger generation isn't interested in owning a not-really-all-that-great motorcycle. They could care less about the name badge. Other than buying the name badge, you really don't get anything special with a Harley.

They are still selling pretty well in foreign countries but tariffs could mess with that.

Soooooo.... they are merging with, get this, a small electric motorcycle company in California that makes electric off-road motorcycles. Not only is Harley NOT known for building off-road bikes but electric ones at that!
time to bring back the Buell nameplate and make them fun all-electric street bikes. I'd give one a look.

Latest posts