Guide advice please - Bend area early July 1/2 day guided walk-in

para_adams

My wife and I will be visiting Bend early July. I'm experienced and have fished Bend a few times but only once on the Crooked. I'm considering hiring a 1/2 day guide for the two of us to fish the Crooked where we fished one evening a couple years ago with little success. I'm aiming for the Crooked for easy fishing that my wife (beginner) can enjoy too. Who should we get as a guide? Thanks.

My wife and I will be visiting Bend early July. I'm experienced and have fished Bend a few times but only once on the Crooked. I'm considering hiring a 1/2 day guide for the two of us to fish the Crooked where we fished one evening a couple years ago with little success. I'm aiming for the Crooked for easy fishing that my wife (beginner) can enjoy too. Who should we get as a guide? Thanks.
Pick a shop, give them a call, and let them set you up with the guy there best suited for that trip. Fin n Fire, Confluence, Fly & Field, Deschutes Angler, and plenty more.

Mark Moore

Just a Member
I’m not positive, but I’m pretty sure the Crooked is jacked because of water temps.

GAT

Dumbfounded
I don't think you need a guide for the Crooked. Advise from a shop will really do. Even if your wife is a beginner, if you can teach her how to cast a dry fly, chances are she'll catch fish.

When my wife was a beginner I took her to the Crooked and she did quite well. It isn't really that large of a river and the trout are not nearly as picky as they are on say, The Metolius. But it does pay to call one of the shops to check on water conditions.

Latest posts