SRC Reports?

Day time extremely low tides in May and June can make it difficult due to strong tidal currents to find locations where sea-run cutthroat might be at.

Several months ago I decided to stop writing saltwater fishing reports. I have been writing them for over 20 years and have simply gotten tired of doing them.

I was out fishing for sea-run cutthroat the end of last week and water temperatures were approximately 58 degrees F. Water temperatures are now probably approaching or above 62 degrees F. which can over stress hooked fish. It is probably or soon will be time to stop fishing for sea-run cutthroat when those water temperatures are reached.

Roger

Day time extremely low tides in May and June can make it difficult due to strong tidal currents to find locations where sea-run cutthroat might be at.

Several months ago I decided to stop writing saltwater fishing reports. I have been writing them for over 20 years and have simply gotten tired of doing them.

I was out fishing for sea-run cutthroat the end of last week and water temperatures were approximately 58 degrees F. Water temperatures are now probably approaching or above 62 degrees F. which can over stress hooked fish. It is probably or soon will be time to stop fishing for sea-run cutthroat when those water temperatures are reached.

Roger
Great point Roger, thanks for bringing that up. Maybe the best reason to give em a brake !

Upton O

Blind hog fisherman
Roger, you’re one of the “Old Guard” and your reports are a foundation of a number of issues. I always learned how, what, when and a general idea of where to fish for and catch SRC. And when I wasn’t finding fish, your reports confirmed it wasn’t the fault of the fish.

You are also a standard bearer in how to preserve and protect this incredible fish. I understand being tired of the repetition of your experiences, I imagine it gets pretty mundane.

I now live 2,420 miles from my favorite SRC beach and my SCR fishing buddy is dead. I miss that fishery a lot. I guess what I’m saying is thank you for your wonderful reports, They were great stuff.

Dupher

If you can read this, you are fishing too close

Roger
Selfishly, I hope it is a short break

Latest posts