NFR Camping in WA is rough!

This being only my second summer in Washington one of my goals is to get out and do some more camping. So far I've found that I should have made that goal about 6 months ago :(. I'm not nearly as organized as the soccer moms and amazon employees and and finding it pretty much impossible to find campsites since lots of them seem to require reservations far in advance.

Anyone have some tips on finding places to camp last minute? Should I be trying to find places on DNR land? Anyone willing to share/dm some areas? I'll be car camping so no hike-in places.

If there is fishing close by that's always a bonus!

Thanks in advance!

Shad

I have had good success finding a spot in DNR campgrounds. Those sites are also FREE, as sleeping in your own, self-assembled structure, on the ground, in the woods ought to be.

Nothing against soccer moms and the like, but I can't understand PAYING to sleep on the ground, in the woods, on public land, next to 200 fellow suckers.

Hiking will earn you as much solitude as you could ever want, but that's hard work. DNR sites usually work best for me.

I hope Buckshot was just an example Freestone. stay away from there.Gangs Gangs Gangs.Have had 2 experiences there.If you chat with a game warden they will all tell you that is the scariest place they patrol.

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
I was hunting Buckshot with a friend. Two large dogs, two shotguns and one guy casing our rig when we came out!!

Wow, if your willing to do break-ins during hunting season in the middle of the day!!! Well, your either really, really stupid or really ballsy. Not a pleasant situation in either case.

It is sad the number of places in the Columbia Basin that are no longer safe.

Freestone

Not to be confused with freestoneangler
I hope Buckshot was just an example Freestone. stay away from there.Gangs Gangs Gangs.Have had 2 experiences there.If you chat with a game warden they will all tell you that is the scariest place they patrol.
Yeah, sorry, it was just the first one I came across. I should have picked another one as you and Vlad are correct, it's a scary place in broad daylight - even if there are fish!

Latest posts