NFR RIP my sweet sweet McKenzie....

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was going to post anything about this, but on Tuesday, we had to say goodbye far too soon to our sweet McKenzie, our, Lab/something mix who left us far too soon due to poisoning from eating too much compost and complications that developed as a result. She was an absolute sweetheart of a dog who was developing into quite the (unpredictable) fishing companion....she will be sorely missed...

HRkXTjC.jpg

Porter

So sorry, we just got a new pup and the crap they put in their mouth scares me plus the 10 year mark is in the back of my mind all the time. You love em so much and it’s simply not easy.

nwtroutguy

The Tug Is The Drug
Randall, I am sorry for your loss. It is absolutely heart breaking. We are still mourning over our loss a little over a week ago. They give us 100 % every day unconditionally. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I'm very sorry for your loss! These dog threads always bring a tear! Our dog is not in the best way with 3 different sicknesses & only 10 next November, i'm spending as much time with her as possible cos` I don't want any regrets!

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
Ah man, so sorry. How old was she?

I have two lab mixes. My older is 14 and going blind/deaf. Last week she gave me terrible sad eyes as i left her home for first time wet wading the S Fork Snoqualmie, her favorite place. I cannot risk loosing her cause she chases things and can no longer hear me to get come back. She is a Lab, Doxin and Chow mix

Ah man, so sorry. How old was she?

I have two lab mixes. My older is 14 and going blind/deaf. Last week she gave me terrible sad eyes as i left her home for first time wet wading the S Fork Snoqualmie, her favorite place. I cannot risk loosing her cause she chases things and can no longer hear me to get come back. She is a Lab, Doxin and Chow mix
She was only 2. Got into some compost and it really did her in with the secondary shit...as in brain damage type of stuff...

Albula

Lord knows it is hard enough to loose one when you can see it coming. It is just not right to have it smack you this way. They do become a fabric in our lives. Nothing I can do or say except give my new pup an extra scratch while I can.