Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

RIP my sweet sweet McKenzie....

NFR 
1K views 36 replies 35 participants last post by  Bigfatrod 
#1 ·
Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was going to post anything about this, but on Tuesday, we had to say goodbye far too soon to our sweet McKenzie, our, Lab/something mix who left us far too soon due to poisoning from eating too much compost and complications that developed as a result. She was an absolute sweetheart of a dog who was developing into quite the (unpredictable) fishing companion....she will be sorely missed...

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

See less See more
#12 ·
Ah man, so sorry. How old was she?

I have two lab mixes. My older is 14 and going blind/deaf. Last week she gave me terrible sad eyes as i left her home for first time wet wading the S Fork Snoqualmie, her favorite place. I cannot risk loosing her cause she chases things and can no longer hear me to get come back. She is a Lab, Doxin and Chow mix

#14 ·
Lord knows it is hard enough to loose one when you can see it coming. It is just not right to have it smack you this way. They do become a fabric in our lives. Nothing I can do or say except give my new pup an extra scratch while I can.

Reactions: dfl
#24 ·
Very sad to lose a canine friend. We love them. We raise them and care for them and might even train them. It's not supposed to be like this. I nursed back to health two pets in my time...Both were from poisoning. One was my dog Bennie in HS ...he got into my chemistry set . and his crap glowed in the yard for a week...another was a cat I loved that drank wash out water while i was painting the house... We were lucky. I am so sorry for your loss.

#26 ·
Truly sorry to hear, Randall. That's a tough one. I can relate, as most others here. It's never easy and it hurts like hell. I just had to put my 10 YO Vizsla, Odie down in March. Best wishes for you and your family.

Reactions: dfl
#27 ·
Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was going to post anything about this, but on Tuesday, we had to say goodbye far too soon to our sweet McKenzie, our, Lab/something mix who left us far too soon due to poisoning from eating too much compost and complications that developed as a result. She was an absolute sweetheart of a dog who was developing into quite the (unpredictable) fishing companion....she will be sorely missed...

View attachment 171801
I am sorry for your loss. I lost a McKenzie two years ago as well and she will never be forgotten

Get back on the bike and you will not regret it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.