Cairns

Dipnet

The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
Yeah, a buddy and I stayed a few days in Port Douglas and then Cairns a number of years ago. Didn't do any fishing but had an awesome dive trip on the Great Barrier Reef!

My cousin moved to Cairns 5 or 6yrs ago, she's a marine biologist & works as a diving guide & teacher, also boat captain & some new status i seen on Facebook! They also have Blue Marlin in Cairns & i know of a guy on a Aussie forum that is addicted to them & has caught hundreds of Bill fish between him & his 2 friends, his favorite rods now are 2 Scott Meridians 2 peice 12wt's that he takes around the world, he's destroyed every reel there is & now on the new Hardy Fortuna XDS 12000! Christmas before last he showed a picture of his Christmas tree covered in Blue Marlin tube flies, some people are living the dream!

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
My cousin moved to Cairns 5 or 6yrs ago, she's a marine biologist & works as a diving guide & teacher, also boat captain & some new status i seen on Facebook! They also have Blue Marlin in Cairns & i know of a guy on a Aussie forum that is addicted to them & has caught hundreds of Bill fish between him & his 2 friends, his favorite rods now are 2 Scott Meridians 2 peice 12wt's that he takes around the world, he's destroyed every reel there is & now on the new Hardy Fortuna XDS 12000! Christmas before last he showed a picture of his Christmas tree covered in Blue Marlin tube flies, some people are living the dream!

Gonna need more than a 12wt for those granders;)

Hey is your cousin single :D

alpinetrout

Banned or Parked
If you price out GBR marlin charters, you'll realize there's a reason almost all the world record blacks from the GBR have been caught by the same group of IGFA good old boys from south Florida...

It's definitely not like Central America where you have your pick of day boats from a couple hundred bucks on up to the luxury yachts.

Latest posts