Going fishing next week.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I'm actually going to get out and throw some flies around. Been doing a little map reading and looking on the internet for places to fish. Found two or three of them in damn near the same area. To late to go today, beside it's hot(86) out again today(91 yesterday). I have to screw up courage to drive to them. Going up in the area of upper Bolder Rive, Bison creek, and Lowland creek. Even if I never get to take my rod out of the truck. The area should be pretty for some picture taking. These require me going up and over a pass. and you all know how I don't like heights.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Are you sure you don't like heights? I used to think I didn't like heights until my Grandkid pointed out that being up high doesn't bother me at all, so the truth must be that I don't like edges...

Good fishing!
Driving over passes really gets me going. But what I found out is that I don't mind driving up them but the coming down that gets to me. Bridges over water gets to me also. That Memorial Bridge in Idaho on I-90. I have to drive on the inside lane so I don't freak out. And I don't do any sight seeing as I drive over it. My eyes are straight ahead.

A.A.

I'm actually going to get out and throw some flies around. Been doing a little map reading and looking on the internet for places to fish. Found two or three of them in damn near the same area. To late to go today, beside it's hot(86) out again today(91 yesterday). I have to screw up courage to drive to them. Going up in the area of upper Bolder Rive, Bison creek, and Lowland creek. Even if I never get to take my rod out of the truck. The area should be pretty for some picture taking. These require me going up and over a pass. and you all know how I don't like heights.
Be sure to post some pics!

Good choice of the Boulder especially upstream (west of) Bernice. Mainly F.S. land there.
You will see a bridge across Bison Creek above Elk Park. Even though it is in a subdivision you should be able to park and access the creek there. No personal info on Lowland Creek.
The guys at the Stonefly should be able to provide better current info- haven't lived in Butte since '96.
Glad that you're getting out.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I took a drive today because I saw something 2 years ago on a creek. But for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it at. I thought it was on Divide Creek but drove all over it today and it wasn't there.

I have always liked fishing small skinny water. I sure hope things work out for me tomorrow. I'm having trouble standing still for more than a minute My body is going to hell on me.

P-FITZ98

Let’s see some “hero shots”!, I’m still trying to get the balanced-rod-across-shoulders down, but not having luck. Maybe the mouth hold is better . Joking aside, best of luck and have fun Old Man!

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Ha,ha,ha. What a fucked up outing Took I-15 up to exit 134 and got on the Frontage road going North. Drove up to Trask road and headed into the hills. Not much going on until got to Manly lake. That little creek, Lowland creek starts there. And runs into the Boulder river after about 8 miles heading north. No I didn't go explore the Boulder. It was dirty so was Lowland creek.
Followed FSR 442 to where FSR 82 meets up. Went from there to I-15 exit 151. Turned around and headed back.
Got a little ways past Freedom Point and my fucking truck died Just like last year. Last year they replaced my Fuel Filter. I know it's not the fuel filter this time. I think one of my many sensors is fucked up and only shows up when it'shot like today. It's 91 again . I sat there for about 10 minutes and started it back up and got about 200 yards away and it died again. I sat there for about a hour And drove home.Where I was is about 20 miles give of take a few, from home.

The area is nice up in there. Took a wrong turn and ended up in a Campground. Took a look at Bison Creek. It was dirty also.
IMGP0621.JPG
IMGP0624.JPG
IMGP0625.JPG
IMGP0628.JPG
IMGP0629.JPG
IMGP0630.JPG
IMGP0633.JPG
IMGP0635.JPG
IMGP0637.JPG
IMGP0638.JPG
IMGP0639.JPG

I took some pictures but probably nothing that anybody will like but I'll put them here anyway.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Those first two are that little creek. The next few are the Boulder river and there is one of Bison Creek. II was smart enough I could of put some words on each.. It was a learning experience. I have no trouble finding water to fish in. My problem starts when I try to get down to it. I have two bad knees and a bad back.

That lake up in there has no road down to it, Just a trail But it sure was pretty up in there. Every thing was green. Lots of old rock piles up in there from old dredging on the creeks.

Ha,ha,ha. What a fucked up outing Took I-15 up to exit 134 and got on the Frontage road going North. Drove up to Trask road and headed into the hills. Not much going on until got to Manly lake. That little creek, Lowland creek starts there. And runs into the Boulder river after about 8 miles heading north. No I didn't go explore the Boulder. It was dirty so was Lowland creek.
Followed FSR 442 to where FSR 82 meets up. Went from there to I-15 exit 151. Turned around and headed back.
Got a little ways past Freedom Point and my fucking truck died Just like last year. Last year they replaced my Fuel Filter. I know it's not the fuel filter this time. I think one of my many sensors is fucked up and only shows up when it'shot like today. It's 91 again . I sat there for about 10 minutes and started it back up and got about 200 yards away and it died again. I sat there for about a hour And drove home.Where I was is about 20 miles give of take a few, from home.

The area is nice up in there. Took a wrong turn and ended up in a Campground. Took a look at Bison Creek. It was dirty also. View attachment 172750 View attachment 172751 View attachment 172752 View attachment 172753 View attachment 172754 View attachment 172755 View attachment 172756 View attachment 172757 View attachment 172758 View attachment 172759 View attachment 172760

I took some pictures but probably nothing that anybody will like but I'll put them here anyway.
The pics look great Jim- glad to see you taking advantage of all the great country around you.
I'm no mechanic, but in years past I've experienced with you describe with your truck dying for no apparent reason, only to restart after a little rest. Sounds like it might be vapor lock. There are some new gas additives on the market that are supposed to help with that, though I've never tried them. Try Sta-Bil 360 Performance with Vapor Technology

Latest posts