Now Here's Some Real Idiots!

Old406Kid

OTTAWA, Ontario — Two travel bloggers who received jail time after they were seen walking on a famous hot spring in Yellowstone National Park were among three people who died Thursday after they went over the third-tallest waterfall in British Columbia.
Federal police in Canada say search and rescue teams have recovered the bodies of three people who went over Shannon Falls.
Cpl. Sascha Banks of Canada's federal police service said Thursday the victims were in their 20s and 30s and were swimming in a pool system at the top of the falls "and then walking along the ledge shortly thereafter."

They fell nearly 100 feet.
A family member of travel blogger Ryker Gamble confirmed to The Associated Press that he was killed. Gamble worked on a video blog called High On Life that has more than 500,000 YouTube subscribers.
The Vancouver Sun identified the other two people killed in the accident as Alexey Lyakh and Megan Scraper.

Gamble and Lyakh were among a group of four men who faced federal charges in 2016 after authorities said they left a boardwalk surrounding the Grand Prismatic Spring and took photos of themselves walking on the hot spring. They were all part of the High on Life SundayFundayz group, which posts pictures of their adventures on social media.

The whole professional Youtuber thing is just so bizarre. The sailing cruiser community is besieged with these idiots. Half hour of total nonsense but the girl goes topless for 2 mins and people eat it up. A lot of them end up on reefs or worse.

Then again I watch old men put feathers on a hook that don’t really catch fish that barely exist. So who am I to complain.

I read this story a few days ago. Apparently the girl slipped and fell in the drink, then the 2 men jumped in after her. They might have been idiots - but at least they did the right thing...

I'm not saying they were geniuses... Obviously in retrospect it was a mistake! Buuuut - if a good friend of mine slipped and fell into a pool I would go in after them; unless it looked hopeless. I wasn't there - but I assume they thought they could save her.

FinLuver

I'm not saying they were geniuses... Obviously in retrospect it was a mistake! Buuuut - if a good friend of mine slipped and fell into a pool I would go in after them; unless it looked hopeless. I wasn't there - but I assume they thought they could save her.
A pool is one thing, a river above a 100' ft waterfall is another.

Lol. I hear you. I should stop defending them; but I can't imagine that jump. Those boys must have really liked her! I'm done defending them. I would jump after my daughter or wife, but a friend would drown. That's a long ways.

Shitty situation for sure. But it’s one they put themselves in. Most likely to make a video to pay their vagabond lifestyle. Better than holding up a sign at an exit I guess.

How do you help somebody swim though?

dld

Shitty situation for sure. But it’s one they put themselves in. Most likely to make a video to pay their vagabond lifestyle. Better than holding up a sign at an exit I guess.

How do you help somebody swim though?
You don't help a person swim. I was a swimmer in HS, had to do some lifeguard.training. The rule is, you throw a lifeline, if they climb the lifeline towards you, you throw a right cross. If you don't knock them out with the cross, you swim away. I could save a person from drowning, but a frantic person would easily take me with them, if I allowed it.

Latest posts