Hello from Pennsylvania

Bibby

Hello, Paul here from Pennsylvania, fellow fly fishing crazy person.

Headed out to OP for my honeymoon in October, gonna drift a day w Raincoast Guides- not too shabby for a honeymoon, she’s hardy and will enjoy the scenery and experience.

I have extensively fished PA, so if your out this way and need some ideas where to fish let me know. In PA, hatchery steelhead in Erie, native brook trout in Allegheny National Forest, the famous central PA limestone spring creeks of Spring creek, Penns Creek, Fishing Creek, Little Juniata, the south central limestone spring creeks of Falling springs, Big Spring , Letort Spring Run, Yellow Breeches and more. In NE PA the Delaware river is perhaps the best in the state big wild trout and robust hatches.

I am obsessed with native trouts. Since the Willow Whitehorse Cutthroat in OR and Paiute Cutthroat in CA are off limits at this time I have just two more to catch. The Humboldt in northern NV and a Coastal Cutthroat in WA. (Which I expect to catch the first week of October)

Hope I can DIY a Coastal with rented equipment from Waters West. I plan to Fish lake Crescent for the Cutthroat and the Rainbows there.

Hope to get into some native Salmon as well!! Excited to head out. I think about it everyday!

I had 48 years to Fish before I got engaged so was able to do a lot of fishing. Hah

Paul

Salmo_g

Welcome to WFF Paul. Not everyone on this forum is a native; there are lots of transplants from all over. Hope your OP honeymoon is a total success! September is usually the peak for coastal cutthroat, but you should still find them during your trip in October.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Well a big hoody do From Montana. Don't let the Montana fool you. I live and fished in Washington for about 60 years.

So welcome to then best fly fishing site in the good old USA. We have members from Finland, Italy, and all points of the Globe.

cms829

Howdy from NJ. lol. I spend most my time floating the upper D these days, but seriously need to check out some of the limestone creeks in central PA.

Sounds like a dream honeymoon! Enjoy it!

Bibby

Welcome to WFF Paul. Not everyone on this forum is a native; there are lots of transplants from all over. Hope your OP honeymoon is a total success! September is usually the peak for coastal cutthroat, but you should still find them during your trip in October.
Sounds good, really looking forw

GAT

Dumbfounded
So welcome to then best fly fishing site in the good old USA. We have members from Finland, Italy, and all points of the Globe.
Yup. Best flyfishing site sense the demise of the original flyfishing website: The Virtual Fly Shop... as OMJ said, members from all over the world.

Joepa

Joe from PA
In NE PA the Delaware river is perhaps the best in the state big wild trout and robust hatches.
I really miss the upper Delaware. I've fished all of those places back in PA, but the Delaware holds a special place in my heart. I hope you're fishing with Jim, he's a fellow east coast guy, but really knows the OP. Lots of opportunity in October out there. Good luck.

Bibby

Good to know about the Willow Whitehorse. I planned to fish for them in 2015 but I read in the OR regs booklet they were closed. So I decided to fish in CA for their Hertiage angling program but came up short on that too. Had 2 Kern River rainbows on but lost them. I’ll visit SE OR at some point for those and the half a dozen native rainbows over there. So much water so little time.

Bibby

I really miss the upper Delaware. I've fished all of those places back in PA, but the Delaware holds a special place in my heart. I hope you're fishing with Jim, he's a fellow east coast guy, but really knows the OP. Lots of opportunity in October out there. Good luck.
That upper D. I have fished all over and I still believe that is where I caught my largest brown. Great hatches!!

Bibby

And those are just the famous ones. If our fellow anglers are into fly fishing history- the Letort Spring Run is a good spot. Vince Marino and Charlie Fox waters.

Latest posts