FS EBAY sanke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up....
There's a guy on Ebay trying to sell a "new" Sage X 796-4.
He originally listed it over a week ago getting only one bid (mine) of $500.00 on a no reserve auction.
After winning the auction I sent the money via PayPal and got no response for a couple of days. Then was notified by
ebay that the seller had cancelled the sale, stating the seller had either damaged the rod or was out of stock.
He would not respond to any of my inquiries.

Today he has the SAME rod back on Ebay with a minimum bid of $610.00

I almost didn't bid as he couldn't answer any of my questions about the rod stating only that he was selling it for his uncle. and had no previous sales on eBay.
Ebay had a money back guarantee so I thought I'd chance it. Oh well, at least I got my money back.

Watch out for this guy, I think he just might be a lying a$$hole!

See:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sage-Fly-R...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

4sallypat

This seller seems to be greedy - by relisting the item for more.
I'd pass on this seller - not an honest person.

I also get this type of new member issue all the time.
Most of my sales on eBay are this type of bidder - they bid and don't pay and never respond to messages.
The bad part is I can never leave a negative feedback on a buyer/bidder....

Either a very new to the game, minor or a foreigner who is posing as a US member.

At least your money was protected by PayPal and you left him a negative feedback which will hurt the seller for awhile.

Watch your accounts. I get email alerts on my phone.
I received a receipt of payment notification yesterday from PayPal for a $550 video gaming chair bought through my Ebay account.
I contacted PayPal and the seller. According to PayPal, I was hacked through my Ebay account.
I had my PayPal set that when I logged onto Ebay, it opened it as well. Great for fast purchases and hackers.
It has been resolved, the money never made it to the seller and of this morning, was returned.
This transaction was from a seller I had bought something from a couple of weeks ago, so I’m guessing there’s a connection?
Not sure how this was going to work, it had my shipping address and I received notification that it was being shipped to me?
I would like to add, PayPal was very good about handling this, thanks Nancy.

Last edited:

Porter

Just a heads up....
There's a guy on Ebay trying to sell a "new" Sage X 796-4.
He originally listed it over a week ago getting only one bid (mine) of $500.00 on a no reserve auction.
After winning the auction I sent the money via PayPal and got no response for a couple of days. Then was notified by
ebay that the seller had cancelled the sale, stating the seller had either damaged the rod or was out of stock.
He would not respond to any of my inquiries.

Today he has the SAME rod back on Ebay with a minimum bid of $610.00

I almost didn't bid as he couldn't answer any of my questions about the rod stating only that he was selling it for his uncle. and had no previous sales on eBay.
Ebay had a money back guarantee so I thought I'd chance it. Oh well, at least I got my money back.

Watch out for this guy, I think he just might be a lying a$$hole!

See:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sage-Fly-Rod-series-X-rod-796-4-9-6-7wt/183315541350?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Did you inform eBay? If story happened as stated and you have the evidence I would submit it to eBay and add a little statement at the end that eludes to.... this type of business conduct being allowed will prevent me from visiting this site in the near future. Just my .02

I sold books on ebay for 18 years. I got tired of their bullshit. They should not let this guy relist the same item after telling you the item was no longer available. Obviously all they care about is collecting their fees. I long for the day when government somewhere comes down hard on ebay for their activities. They need a kick in the ass.

I did inform eBay about this and was told it may take up to 30 days to investigate and determine the appropriate action. Kind of felt like "don't call us, we'll call you". Also left negative feedback.

Would be nice if a person could be sued for this kind of deceptive selling practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts