Recommendations for restaurants in Port Angeles, Forks-La Push.

Bibby

Thanks for any help. Also , if heading to ONP from Sea-Tac is it better to drive down and around or take a ferry over?

Thanks for any help. Also , if heading to ONP from Sea-Tac is it better to drive down and around or take a ferry over?
Kind of depends on what time you'll be driving over, but I generally lean towards taking the ferry because it makes the drive seem shorter. Though if you're from out of town, the drive up 101 is pretty nice.

Also, be aware that if you take the ferry coming back into Seattle on a Sunday anytime after about 12:00 p.m., expect a loooong wait.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Yeah, that ferry traffic and lineup can be a time suck. Generally, I find that once you get on 101 heading W from Oly, the traffic doesn't seem so aggro, and thins out. Rush hour can be thick heading N up past Shelton, but thins out, and hwy 101 becomes a 2-laner, and after going thru Potlatch, a nice cruise up the canal, with Potlatch St Park as a convenient rest stop. Dosewallips St Park is a good rest stop too (day use facilities , turn right after you pass the Tides Tavern, before you cross the river).
The Eagle Creek Saloon is a great stop for a burger and beer...place gets packed with locals every evening.
I certainly don't miss dealing with the ferry traffic like I had to 30+ years ago when I lived on BI, and it wasn't even half as bad back then.

Albula

I live in PA and our standard practice is to drive around if just going to the airport and take the ferry if going to Seattle or north. That seems to offer the fewest variables. You can get something to eat in Forks but don't plan on a dining experience that will keep you coming back. PA has a very good Thai restaurant on 8th.

Peyton00

I dont recall any fancy places in forks. We did spend a few days at crescent lake resort, which has top quality food and the cabins were nice. Excellent view of the lake from the lodge. Worth a day trip since its right off the main road and you are in the area.
Klaloch lodge was ok food,its (45min ?)south of forks.

Tacoma Red

Forks: The Mexican place on East side of main road....NOT on the west side of the main road! The only other option is the deli chicken at the Thriftway.
PA: Strait Slice for pizza. There's one of the very best Thai places up on 8th Ave. The Italian place is OK and the bar/burger place right near the Strait Slice is very good.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Thanks for the PA eatery update...maybe going to check out the Thai restaurant next time I go thru. I used to eat at a Mexican restaurant I like there, but I'll definitely check out a recommended Thai restaurant. Its been a while since I've eaten at Thai Taste in S Aberdeen, so I'll have to check it out again before I can recommend it. If i survive, its good!

Last edited:

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Its been years, but the last time I stopped in Forks for food, it was at the Subway on the N end of town, W side of hwy. I noticed a local who had been fishing near me earlier in the day there, so I pulled in. This is for those who might want a subwich. I'm cheap and usually only hungry enuff to order a half of a sub, so it works inexpensively to get me the remaining distance to where I'm going. I was camping one time, and I ordered a whole one, so I'd have an easy grind after setting up my tent.

Bibby

Thanks for all the ideas. It’s my honeymoon trip- we arrive late on a Monday night and staying close to airport, probably drive down Tuesday mid day and maybe take the ferry back on the following Saturday. Staying at Lake Crescent, so probably eat at lodge- that’s where she will get me ($$$) for taking a float trip. Staying at Lodge in PA, and the Indian reservation hotel in La Push.

Do you guys have any ideas for flyshops where I could rent gear?? I know Waters West does, any other suggestions. I try to do a lot research but always best to get the local knowledge. Thanks again for your help!!

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
Thanks for all the ideas. It’s my honeymoon trip- we arrive late on a Monday night and staying close to airport, probably drive down Tuesday mid day and maybe take the ferry back on the following Saturday. Staying at Lake Crescent, so probably eat at lodge- that’s where she will get me ($$$) for taking a float trip. Staying at Lodge in PA, and the Indian reservation hotel in La Push.

Do you guys have any ideas for flyshops where I could rent gear?? I know Waters West does, any other suggestions. I try to do a lot research but always best to get the local knowledge. Thanks again for your help!!
I will say , the Surf perch fishing at La push can be very good

Latest posts