Discovery of the Holy Grail of the American Bird Kingdom

Old Man

Just an Old Man
If it was thought to be extinct,where was it hiding at for the last 60 years? It makes one wonder if others that are thought to be extinct as to if they are in hiding.

Jim

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Hey Bob, you must of found a computer to play with. Now all we are going to get is garbage???????????????? :p :p :p

No but I'm getting close. I even get to stinking every now and then bawling:

Jim

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
They'll probably get a rash of bumper stickers on red-neck trucks down in Arkansas that read "Tastes Like Ivory Bill" and some hillbilly banjo type will write a song about "wipin' yer butt with an Ivory Bill." Just wait! :eek:

Jimbo

chadk

Be the guide...
Darn that evil Bush Administration ;)

Bush must be a better environmentalist than we first thought - how many birds came back from extinction under clinton? (no 'dodo bird' or flipping the 'bird' jokes please)

"ivory bill... tastes like chicken"
:rofl:

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Well, the dew finally dried off enough to go spread some fertilizer on a lawn, but I think i'll warm up first:

"All them trees up on the hill
Ain't gonna git cut, ai'nt goin' to the mill.
Guess I'll havta jes' go fire up mah still
So twont hurt when I wipe with an Ivory Bill!" :p

Jimbo, got me some red-neck roots :rofl:

Cactus

Dana Miller
chadk said:
Darn that evil Bush Administration ;)

Bush must be a better environmentalist than we first thought - how many birds came back from extinction under clinton? (no 'dodo bird' or flipping the 'bird' jokes please)
I can't believe President Bush didn't go in with his Springer Spaniel and shotgun and shoot all of those Ivory Bills, have the CIA steal the video and open up the forest to his buddies for clear cutting. :confused:

And to immediately release 10 million dollars to help in Ivory Bill recovery; he's slipping!

Ivory Bill: the OTHER white meat.

"Today we are commiting to a multiagency, multimillion-dollar, multiyear program to provide hope for this bird's continued survival," Interior Secretary Gale Norton announced at a news conference.​

Something tells me that bird was better left undiscovered.

Steve Buckner

Mother Nature's Son
Roughly a year ago, I listened to a "radio expedition" where this same ornithologist featured in this article from Cornell had taken recordings made 60 years ago of the ivory bill deep into the forest to play and hopefully, interact with one of these birds. After 2-3 weeks of investigation, the only hope he'd had was that he thought he'd heard a deep "thumping" sound that would have been similar to an ivory billed woodpecker. Glad to hear that his enthusiam has paid off.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Trevor, that raises an interesting question. You can't use most "endangered" species feathers. But, since it was classified as "extinct", can you still use the feathers until they are labled "endangered"???? Hmmmmmmm.

Latest posts