Jojo

Trout Fear Me
Very much agreed. I hated how they waited so long to start focusing on Baldwin too. I know it's a team sport but there's something to be said for leaning on your best players in big games.

Kinda wanted to see Penny and Davis run the ball more. Guessing it was a matchup thing involving his running style vs their defensive approach, but Carson was eaten alive all game. For whatever reason when they finally went to Penny in the second half it seemed his speed was the biggest difference and he was able to move the ball a bit. Just nit picky armchair coach type stuff.

Other than the result I enjoyed the hell out of the game. Some real hard hits, and the two catches by Baldwin and Locket down the sidelines were a joy to watch. Wilson launching that throw to Locket down the right sideline when he had a pressure bearing down on him instantly was a thing of beauty.

I know the drop kicks are gimmicky but I kinda dig watching it. I think it's pretty cool to have a punter with that ability.
Everything you said Nick!

GAT

Dumbfounded
I know the drop kicks are gimmicky but I kinda dig watching it. I think it's pretty cool to have a punter with that ability.
I can remember when that's how you kicked it when you played football. Tricky to learn but that's how they did it. At one time I could pull it off.

Too bad about the game. Meh. Life goes on. The other two teams I like didn't make it into the playoffs either. Figures. I also had a crummy 2018 for catching fish.

(I've never seen a clip of an orgy of rich, fat white guys before:eek:)

There was a pretty substantial missed facemask on Wilson. Not saying it would have changed the game or anything I just find it amazing in this day and age of "protecting a qb" they miss a significant facemask on a QB.

There was a pretty substantial missed facemask on Wilson. Not saying it would have changed the game or anything I just find it amazing in this day and age of "protecting a qb" they miss a significant facemask on a QB.
C-Hawk fans did not have restful sleep last night.
C-Hawk Fan Anxiety.gif
Many questions about this team going into the future. Nobody will be surprised by the run 1st scheme moving forward. That O-line needs help.

Last edited:
I think the officials let them play old style ball.

The DPI wasnt called on many plays.
Very few penalties for a seahawks game.

Out coached is the best way to describe the loss.

C-Hawk fans did not have restful sleep last night.
View attachment 188507
Many questions about this team going into the future. Nobody will be surprised by the run 1st scheme moving forward. That O-line is needs help.
I slept fine. Did you not see my post where I said the Hawks are not quite ready this year? You need to start worrying about the Rams bro. You guys are all in this year and looking like ya peaked a month ago. We just made the playoffs in a rebuild year. We are looking pretty good moving forward.

I didn't watch the game so I really can't comment on it other than I was surprised to hear that they didn't utilize their passing game to full advantage. That's on the coaching staff.

Instead I watched the Gonzaga Bulldogs play their first game of the year at full strength. They simply shredded a good Santa Clara team in the first half and coasted the rest of the way. Barring further injuries they are going to be a load the rest of the way..

I did watch the Colts game and Luck just picked apart the Texas defense in the first half and looked damned good doing it. I think they have a real chance at Kansas City. Best football of the year right now.

After only sporadically watching the 'Hawks this past season my takeaway is that they start the season unready to play and then have to bust ass to catch up. That dovetails with the individual games when they come out sluggish and then try to finish with a flourish. Again, coaches are calling the plays and they seem to have their heads up their collective asses too much of the time. Let Russell be Russell.

Did you notice that that facemask was shown during one of the game highlights on Fox Sports during an intermission? It wasn't the worst FM I've seen, but something that should have been called.

We just made the playoffs in a rebuild year. We are looking pretty good moving forward.
This, this, this...
Did anyone see Wilson with a clean pocket even once yesterday? It's amazing they put any points on the board at all. Dang, some of those balls he threw under duress were amazing.

Also, you gotta give some credit to Dallas, and in particular, Prescott. I know expressing anything but disdain for Dallas is shunned here, but, I like this version of their team. I don't care who owns or manages it. I've been a DP fan since he took over. He's a lot like Wilson with a lot of tools he can use. It will be interesting to see how they fare next week.

Jojo

Trout Fear Me
I’ll give props to Prescott and that Ezekiel guy too. They deserved the win. But like @b_illymac said, it was a rebuild year and not many expected us in the playoffs at all. Once we get a new field goal kicker, watch out for us next year!

Damn. No more Irish Death Sundays. However, we are starting our our bowling league in a few weeks!

This thread is 122 pages. I wonder how many it got up to last year?

Latest posts