NFR Seahawks

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
Just read Ted’s draft profile... Better start working on a trade.
Given that Andrews' draft profile left him an undrafted free agent, I wouldn't put a lot of stock into that piece of info. Scarnechia will get Karras ready. He's played before and been fine.

Go Sox,c
ds

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
With the season about to start again I have my annual take on it. This years theme is fuck the owners. Those greedy sons of bitches are clamoring for an 18 game season that really proves nothing more than you can get a lot more guys injured in 18 games than you can in 16. Even at 16 games there won't be enough quarterbacks to go around and have any expectation of winning. Since the owners are almost all billionaires their obvious greed to make even more money on the backs of willing young men is just disgusting. They show very little interest in the welfare of the guys that make them millions and are campaigning for more money instead. What a bunch of hapless dicks.

The game itself has lost a lot of it's luster to me. It has become a hard game to watch because of the lack of continuity with penalties seemingly calling back every successful play. And what's with a 10 yard penalty for holding-a call that can be made on every play? Five yards is penalty enough for holding. The sophomoric choreographed celebrations in the end zone have really devalued the game as well as any semblance of dignity has been sacrificed.

Although the game has millions of fans I see interest waning-somewhat like NASCAR-even among the players. I think more guys like Andrew Luck will surface that make a heap of money early on then pull out and live to enjoy it. Hanging on for years and spending some of those years in rehab makes no sense at all. Some guys will make 20 million in their twenties and have enough to be comfortable the rest of their lives. Others will make the same 20 million and be broke in their 30's and really need to play as long as they can. Having gone through some rehab myself I'm convinced that it is not a lifestyle.

Porter

If 18 game season then no player may be allowed to participate in more than 16 seasonal games. Expanded rosters, player development, spread the wealth, and coaching decisions on personal, when to play them, and against which opponent?

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
With the season about to start again I have my annual take on it. This years theme is fuck the owners. Those greedy sons of bitches are clamoring for an 18 game season that really proves nothing more than you can get a lot more guys injured in 18 games than you can in 16. Even at 16 games there won't be enough quarterbacks to go around and have any expectation of winning. Since the owners are almost all billionaires their obvious greed to make even more money on the backs of willing young men is just disgusting. They show very little interest in the welfare of the guys that make them millions and are campaigning for more money instead. What a bunch of hapless dicks.

The game itself has lost a lot of it's luster to me. It has become a hard game to watch because of the lack of continuity with penalties seemingly calling back every successful play. And what's with a 10 yard penalty for holding-a call that can be made on every play? Five yards is penalty enough for holding. The sophomoric choreographed celebrations in the end zone have really devalued the game as well as any semblance of dignity has been sacrificed.

Although the game has millions of fans I see interest waning-somewhat like NASCAR-even among the players. I think more guys like Andrew Luck will surface that make a heap of money early on then pull out and live to enjoy it. Hanging on for years and spending some of those years in rehab makes no sense at all. Some guys will make 20 million in their twenties and have enough to be comfortable the rest of their lives. Others will make the same 20 million and be broke in their 30's and really need to play as long as they can. Having gone through some rehab myself I'm convinced that it is not a lifestyle.
Do you think the owners are greedier than the universities?

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
I kinda like the idea of an expanded season with no player allowed to play more than 16, save for kickers and punters. IMO would add some interesting strategy to the season, and put a bigger emphasis on backup talent.

I dig the end zone celebrations. Its a game, it's entertainment. What's wrong with players having a little fun? They work their tails off, I say let them unwind a bit. This is an entertainment league. Not sure why it needs to be super serious.

I like 10 yards for holding. Ya it can happen every play, but make the penalty more minor and it simply encourages more of it. The mind set could be if they get away with it it could result in a huge play. If they get called then its only 5 yards. 10 yards at least gives them something to worry about.

Porter

I dig the end zone celebrations. Its a game, it's entertainment. What's wrong with players having a little fun? They work their tails off, I say let them unwind a bit. This is an entertainment league. Not sure why it needs to be super serious.

Yes but evidently some celebrations offend certain people. NFL= No Fun League ...at times.

Porter

Could you imagine going 11-6 and now RW3 can’t play because they needed him game before. So now it’s up to backup QB to cinch playoff game and possibly first playoff home game advantage against a team who can play their starter and take away your playoffs and eliminate your team.

Oh my Vegas would loves this? Not!

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
It is a game. A game is entertainment. However this game is played by grown men having the most fun possible while standing up. And they are paid a lot of money to play it. That makes them professionals. Class is class and doesn't act like trash. End zone celebrations should reflect class, not trash.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts