b_illymac

Member Active
It is a credit to John and Pete that Seattle had cap space to make this move. Mingo is no loss.
This is a deal about who can pay for Clowney. They put Seattle in a position where the can. Impressive while you pay you QBs what they do.

Go sox,
Cds
"Basically, SEA trades: - Frank Clark - Barkevious Mingo - Jacob Martin - 3rd Round Pick

SEA Receives: - LJ Collier - ‘20 2nd Round Pick - Jadeveon Clowney - Marquise Blair - DK Metcalf - Gary Jennings - Ugo Amadi - Ben Burr-Kirven - Travis Homer"
Plus comp pick if we lose Clownley after year...

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
"Basically, SEA trades: - Frank Clark - Barkevious Mingo - Jacob Martin - 3rd Round Pick

SEA Receives: - LJ Collier - ‘20 2nd Round Pick - Jadeveon Clowney - Marquise Blair - DK Metcalf - Gary Jennings - Ugo Amadi - Ben Burr-Kirven - Travis Homer"
Plus comp pick if we lose Clownley after year...
This is how good, stable teams stay good and the Jets stay the Jets.
Seems like they like to trade with the Texans to. Houston did not want to have an unhappy player or pay him. If seattle gets him for a year where he is motivated for a contract and recoups their pick, it's a huge win. Schneider seems to have figured the game out.

They should trade with the Pat's for Wise too. He may not fit in the 3-4. He'd be better off in Seattle.

Go sox,
Cds

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
I was wrong. Two middling players (one who was getting cut) and half a leftover sandwich. That's way better than I predicted.

Reactions: XP

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
Seahawks have something up sleve. Geno more hurt than expected, my guess. Re-sign Paxton, unless they have eyes on another QB being cut.

Last edited:

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
Some how JS convinced the Texans to pay half of Clowney's salery this year as part of deal. JS eating Prime Rib.
It wasn't even that. He had a signing bonus that's already worked in. Don't think that was even able to be negotiable.

They're re-signing Geno. Think they needed to clear a spot for the moves they made yesterday that'll be worked out over the coming days.

b_illymac

Member Active
It wasn't even that. He had a signing bonus that's already worked in. Don't think that was even able to be negotiable.

They're re-signing Geno. Think they needed to clear a spot for the moves they made yesterday that'll be worked out over the coming days.
Stuff I'm reading is saying they split his 2019 pay?

underachiever

members only

His original contract was complete and the signing bonus for that had already been taken care of. It still seems a little weird as I've never been aware of the Franchise tag including any sort of 'signing bonus'. Good for Clowney, I think the Franchise tag should go away.

Dave Maddock

This is how good, stable teams stay good and the Jets stay the Jets.
Seems like they like to trade with the Texans to. Houston did not want to have an unhappy player or pay him. If seattle gets him for a year where he is motivated for a contract and recoups their pick, it's a huge win. Schneider seems to have figured the game out.

They should trade with the Pat's for Wise too. He may not fit in the 3-4. He'd be better off in Seattle.

Go sox,
Cds
More like take advantage of.

Latest posts