NFR Seahawks

the_grube

It was tough to see all those 8-12 yard pass completions by the RAMS, particularly in the last 2min when passes on the sidelines were an easy stop the clock deal for the Rams. For all their drawbacks, the hawks D did a couple things really well...
-- they kept LA receivers from having breakout games and plays. In general they kept stuff in front of them.
-- Tod Gurley who? The 3 linebacker formation works as designed. Stop the run, make the opposing team one dimensional.

Finally, these numbers are telling.
Goff: 400 yds 1TD 1 interception
Wilson: 270yds 4 TDs and no picks!

Sportsman

For all the bitching going on you would think we lost. 4th & 1 no matter what happened...except a 1st down...bitch, moan & complain. Both kickers missed field goals, although only one had nightmares last night. Should have blown them out?....that's a JOKE. Rams O & D lines are light years ahead of the Hawks. The proverbial 'prevent D' in the last 2 minutes of a game usually means prevent a win, because you stop doing what got you the lead in the 1st place. Wilson refused to let Paul Allens night be tarnished and that almost wasn't enough. Want to nitpick a win...go ahead. Try to think how dimbrite feels right now!

Steelhead

Gold Member
WFF Supporter
The game reminded me quite a bit of the LOB years, where the Defense won the game for the Hawks, with the Offense coming along for the ride.

4 pass TDs and 100 yds on the ground by Carson. I’m putting you on my ignore list for that idiotic post.

creekx

Director of Stoke
Hawks seemed to run it down the Rams throat on that last drive. The roughing call was bunk but it was 1st down. I don't think it was the major factor in the drive.

Go sox,
Cds
The hit was clean. It was the full on shove that earned Matthews the roughing call. Actually consistent with what they are calling this year. What makes it unusual is defenders are usually allowed to hit Wilson with impunity. Earlier in the game he was hit late, in the helmet, simultaneously by two Rams, yet no flag. It is as if Wilson's toughness gives defenders a pass.

Charles Sullivan

The hit was clean. It was the full on shove that earned Matthews the roughing call. Actually consistent with what they are calling this year. What makes it unusual is defenders are usually allowed to hit Wilson with impunity. Earlier in the game he was hit late, in the helmet, simultaneously by two Rams, yet no flag. It is as if Wilson's toughness gives defenders a pass.
Well, it was roughing because the flag was thrown either way. It's become like PI. It is a penalty when it is called.

Go Sox,
cds

NW_flyfisher

if it's not this, then what?
As good a passer as RW was last night, it's weird that Seattle's MVP was the Ram's kicker. I think a game should be won based on skill, not shit house luck. The game reminded me quite a bit of the LOB years, where the Defense won the game for the Hawks, with the Offense coming along for the ride. Ain't there some kind of training or something such that the Offense can make one yard on demand? Like on a 3rd or 4th down clutch? It was an entertaining game, but certainly exasperating at times.

And I hope the 12th man sneaks into the locker room and steals those uniforms and throws them on a bonfire.

Then there's the question that's on everyone's mind: what jersey did Jojo wear last night?
The game wasn’t won by luck. Look at the whole game, not the last play. Sheesh, did you sleep through the first 3 4/5 hours!

Steelhead

Gold Member
WFF Supporter
Matthews had the roughing the passer call coming. He had a cheap shot on Wilson that didn’t get called in the first half. Helmet to helmet. Don’t hear any of you guys talking about that no call.

Last edited:

Gyrfalcon2020

Honoring Vets
With all due respect G, that might be the dumbest thing I've read all day.
Have not read anything coming from DC yet today but I take it as not likely the dumbest thing said today for a majority of people : )

Frustrated at Carroll at that moment, but IMHO, it was a potential 14 point swing and showed lack of confidence in the team they needed.

Sucked the momentum out of the stadium before the half.

Still a big Pete fan, but not of many of his hair-brained calls. Russell Wilson has made many of Carroll's common snafus luckily forgettable.

Last edited:

Chris Johnson

Have not read anything coming from DC yet today but I take it as not likely the dumbest thing said today for a majority of people : )

Frustrated at Carroll at that moment, but IMHO, it was a potential 14 point swing and showed lack of confidence in the team they needed.

Sucked the momentum out of the stadium before the half.

Still a big Pete fan, but not of many of his hair-brained calls. Russell Wilson has made many of Carroll's common snafus luckily forgettable.
I understand your frustration, I was pissed when he didn't go for the fourth and half yard in the fourth quarter. But last week I gave him shit for doing just that. It' a tough job and Pete is one of the good ones, so I keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Ian Horning

Powerbait Entomologist
Everyone's talking about the Clay Matthews roughing call but nothing about Ziggy getting called for essentially getting blocked into Goff. That was a dookie call and the Rams went down and scored a TD, where it would have been 4th and 10 and a likely FG try.
Russell Wilson consistently doesn't get the protection of other QBs... especially that Brady guy. He took some mean shots in this game and has been rocked more than a few times this year.

And the whole "lucky" thing. Sure it's luck that the Rams went wide right on that kick... but Goff should've been picked by Shaq earlier on that drive (Shaq simply missed the ball by about four inches). The Rams were damn lucky they even got to attempt that field goal.

Somewhere, Cody Parkey, Blair Walsh and Gostkowski are looking down favorably on Zuerlein.

Steelhead

Gold Member
WFF Supporter
PC is 26-5 during prime time games since he became head coach. Russel Wilson leads the league completion % and QBR rating.

Rams played really well but luck wasn’t the factor in this game.

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts