Shad

You guys are doing this wrong... You bitch when they lose. I missed the game, but I gave a hearty fist pump when I saw the score. At the end of the day, the score is all that matters.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
They played pretty well, and won the game.
The fat guys sitting on the coach opining about strategery and how they know better on how to win NFL games are a crack up....
I'm pretty sure most of the other teams in the league have a far different view on the Seahawks team, ya know...their players and coaching and such, than the coach potatoes with smart phones.
:)

4-1

GAT

Dumbfounded
Another game won by one point. Guess it doesn't matter. If they go all the way to the Super Bowl winning by one point and win the Super Bowl by one point, they still win.

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic

Interesting how the roughing the passer per attempt shakes out. It certainly does not fit the narrative in Seattle as Wilson gets about 50% more calls than Brady per 100 attempts.
I'm guessing it's more a factor of how quickly you get rid of the ball and remain upright more than any bias.

Go Sox,
cds

creekx

spent spinner

Interesting how the roughing the passer per attempt shakes out. It certainly does not fit the narrative in Seattle as Wilson gets about 50% more calls than Brady per 100 attempts.
I'm guessing it's more a factor of how quickly you get rid of the ball and remain upright more than any bias.

Go Sox,
cds
Roughing per pass attempt? Meaningless. It seems Wilson is more exposed to taking big hits than Brady because he extends plays. This often gives chasing defenders a good run and launch at him outside the pocket. Roughing calls per times actually hit would be more telling.

Jake Dogfish

Go Sox,
cds
Good point. Since Russ gets hit all the time and no one lays a finger on Brady, it should be 5x more rather than 50%.

Reactions: XP

Charles Sullivan

There are many shades of black and white.

The Rodda paint guy and my wife know about 50 of them by name.
Totally. Brady get's 25% more calls per sack. Makes a bunch of sense though as there are greater rules for roughing in the pocket and Brady never leaves. Wilson leaves a lot. If you look at the entirety of the stats and how the game is played, I think an honest assessment is that the ref's call it as the rules are written.

Go Sox,
cds

Charles Sullivan

Here is another look team for an team against. Seems like the Pats and Seahawks both commit almost he same amount as they receive.

I think that is 2018 data. You can go back and search other years. Over time it looks to me like it's mostly the same for and against over a period of time. The Pats definitely got called for very few for a few years and also had few called for them. I suspect that would trend with low sack and pressure numbers having watched them fail to rush the passer or blitz in the Patricia D coordinator years. I can't speak for the Hawks.

I'm sure y'all will find some way that they got screwed though.

Go Sox,
cds

b_illymac

Staff member
Here is another look team for an team against. Seems like the Pats and Seahawks both commit almost he same amount as they receive.

I think that is 2018 data. You can go back and search other years. Over time it looks to me like it's mostly the same for and against over a period of time. The Pats definitely got called for very few for a few years and also had few called for them. I suspect that would trend with low sack and pressure numbers having watched them fail to rush the passer or blitz in the Patricia D coordinator years. I can't speak for the Hawks.

I'm sure y'all will find some way that they got screwed though.

Go Sox,
cds
giphy-1.gif

Chris Johnson

No hawks game today so I'm watching the pats & washington. After the direct snap to White on 4th & 1 I said "That was stupid", then they showed brady on the bench and he looked to his left and said "that was stupid".

IveofIone

Thanks to Dish Network and Fox having a pissing contest I no longer get Sunday afternoon games and no Sunday night games either. But it sure is nice to check in and see the Cowboys getting their ass kicked by Green Bay. This should reduce some of the Cowboys Super Bowl chatter that ramped up after the first 3 games.

Porter

Thanks to Dish Network and Fox having a pissing contest I no longer get Sunday afternoon games and no Sunday night games either. But it sure is nice to check in and see the Cowboys getting their ass kicked by Green Bay. This should reduce some of the Cowboys Super Bowl chatter that ramped up after the first 3 games.
Dallas rolling now.