NFR Seahawks

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
I keep seeing stories pop up that Jeff Bezos has interest in possibly purchasing the Seahawks and how the NFL would like to have his coin in the league.
It will be interesting to see if Jody Allen decides to sell the team in the future.
SF
I think it's rumored he's actually more likely to go after the Redskins. Snyder isn't a particularly popular owner, and Bezos has been establishing some real estate and a new home out that way.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I think it's rumored he's actually more likely to go after the Redskins. Snyder isn't a particularly popular owner, and Bezos has been establishing some real estate and a new home out that way.
I've heard that as well and Snyder is a terrible owner.
SF

dflett68

WFF Supporter
He instigated the whole situation. If he takes exception to getting tackled, he's picked a weird profession. He would have pulled Garrett's helmet off if he was capable. He just found another thing he's bad at.
that's not what i saw. rudolph gets the ball away right before garrett gets to him, garrett wraps him up and takes him down anyway, then won't let go. that's when rudolph gets pissed and starts tugging on garrett's helmet, and that seems to be what prompts garrett to go for rudolph's helmet. really weird play on garrett's part from start to finish. something about the whinyness/boyishness of rudolphs expression and complexion (and i guess the city he plays for) really reminded me of early-career crosby whining, but i don't see how he would deserve a suspension for reacting to what was seemed to be an uncalled roughing the passer.

KerryS

Ignored Member
WFF Supporter
I keep seeing stories pop up that Jeff Bezos has interest in possibly purchasing the Seahawks and how the NFL would like to have his coin in the league.
It will be interesting to see if Jody Allen decides to sell the team in the future.
SF
Most if not all of those stories originated at the Washington Post. Hmmmm. I still believe, if Jody sells, the seahawks next owner will be Ballmer.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Looks like Mason Rudolph will be possibly fined, but not suspended for his part in last night's brawl.
The NFL figures having him available to play is enough punishment for the Steelers....

:)

sportsman

Looks like Mason Rudolph will be possibly fined, but not suspended for his part in last night's brawl.
The NFL figures having him available to play is enough punishment for the Steelers....

:)
What.. not a word about the 6 game (minimum) for the poor, misunderstood Garrett?

Steelhead

Gold Member
WFF Moderator
WFF Supporter
He instigated the whole situation. If he takes exception to getting tackled, he's picked a weird profession. He would have pulled Garrett's helmet off if he was capable. He just found another thing he's bad at.
I just watched the full video. It does appear that “Rams Slayer” Mason Rudolph grabbed at Garrett’s helmet and failed to pull it off. Then Garrett escalated the situation by 1000%

Ryan Janos

That'd be Spanos, actually
By miles and miles. He has a pretty good case for #1 actually... Snyder is inept in a rival-James-Dolan kind of way, but he hasn't hosed a loyal fan base (other than by perpetually sucking...) by pulling up stakes for a cash grab in a market that has no interest in his team. Best case Spanos can hope for is being LA's 3rd most popular team with the Raiders a car ride away in Vegas.

It's pretty easy to not like Jerah, but give the guy credit for trying to have a consistent winner and civic engagement. There are a lot of owners that don't really try (see M. Brown @ Cincy & S. Ross @ Miami).

I do hope that the Allen Foundation owns the Hawks for a long time. Good ownership is the only way to have a winning culture.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info