Yard Sale

Huge Member
Kind of a dubious stat. The best CBs don’t get thrown at often enough to make that list.
QBR when targeted would be much better but stats are what you want to make of them.

b_illymac

Staff member
Kind of a dubious stat. The best CBs don’t get thrown at often enough to make that list.
QBR when targeted would be much better but stats are what you want to make of them.
I couldn't find QBR but he is on pace to give up less then 400 total receiving yards. Regardless of stats he is obviously playing much improved from last year.

b_illymac

Staff member
Oh i found this:
"Shaquill Griffin’s completion percentage when targeted is 50.9%. Here’s a list of cornerbacks with a higher completion percentage:

Stephon Gilmore — 51.6%"

Porter

Oh i found this:
"Shaquill Griffin’s completion percentage when targeted is 50.9%. Here’s a list of cornerbacks with a higher completion percentage:

Stephon Gilmore — 51.6%"
This is why Petersen says stats are for losers.
That is one stat. How about the yards? Meaningful play time Vs junk time? Tds?

Another DB might be giving up 44% average but for 850 yards and 9 TDs. Ouch!!!

It reminds me of the QB who averages 300 yards a game but they finish with a losing record and 40% of his yards come in junk time during the 4th qtr.
Then he is applauded for throwing for so many yards.

b_illymac

Staff member

It reminds me of the QB who averages 300 yards a game but they finish with a losing record and 40% of his yards come in junk time during the 4th qtr.
I posted above he is on pace to give up less then 400 total yards. I also posted his passes defended and completion %. It's not like I'm cherry picking one statistic.

Meaningful play time? Have the Hawks not played just about everyone tight?

I also said regardless of stats it's obvious he is playing vastly improved from last year. The statistics just back up the obvious.

Last edited:

Porter

I posted above he is on pace to give up less then 400 total yards. I also posted his passes defended and completion %. It's not like I'm cherry picking one statistics.

Meaningful play time? Have the Hawks not played just about everyone tight?

I also said regardless of stats it's obvious he is playing vastly improved from last year. The statistics just back up the obvious.
Sorry I missed that post somehow....gotcha now :)

Steelhead

I always get sad when the Ram's lose in a horrible fashion and @Thrasybulus doesn't post for a long time. I thought it was all in good fun.

I miss the quality ribbing he provides. The 9er fan's just can't compete with that. I think they are a little rusty with the trash talk because they couldn't talk shit since 2012.

Last edited:

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
There is an article on fivethirtyeight that discusses that a bit. It is true to some extent.
Oh i found this:

Stephon Gilmore — 51.6%"
Where did you find that? PFF?

Coverage stats can have some subjectivity to them. Those, at least Gilmore's, seem just off.

Go Sox,
cds

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout

I agree! There has to be a *aster-stat for garbagetime stats. A 15 yard completion on 3rd and 14 in the first half of a close game, versus Aaron Rodgers doubling his passing numbers in one drive late in the 4th quarter while already blown out and defense goofing off are different worlds

Last edited:

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
I always get sad when the Ram's lose in a horrible fashion and @Thrasybulus doesn't post for a long time. I thought it was all in good fun.

I miss the quality ribbing he provides. The 9er fan's just can't compete with that. I think they are a little rusty with the trash talk because they couldn't talk shit since 2012.
Yeah, but last year, remember what happened after the Super Bowl? Every Search & Rescue/ K-9 unit west of Denver was out looking for Dime after the Rams "Goffed" the big game.

If figure there were tons of drugs smuggled into SeaTac once word got out gate security was called out for the search of silent Rams fans..

Last edited:

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
Don't you love it when a megabuck player performs like a rookie filling in for a real quarterback? With his guaranteed contract of 110 large Goff could probably eke out a pretty good living for the next 70 years or so. Why even take football seriously?
And has anyone determined what Kaep did that was allegedly so wrong? As far as I can see he protested the unfair treatment of blacks at the hands of white cops. Protest are an almost uniquely American tradition and right having been around since the beginning of our country. We have protested so many things that were just unfair and have been better for it, among them women's suffrage, civil rights, equal rights, voters rights and the right to organize unions. To turn our backs on this building block of our democracy is a step in the direction of a dictatorship, something our present leader is leaning towards.

What the NFL has done by blackballing Kaep is just odius and small minded, as a nation the NFL's attack on individual rights is a regression and a shameful step backwards for all of us.
YES!!!!! When you consider what else is going on with our country and politicians (who are still employed)shitting on the Constitution it makes me crazy that we punish a sports figure for exercising his Constitutional rights of freedom of speech in such a way.

Ok. I’m done.

Latest posts