Russell Wilson, great 2nd half, and the Offensive calls are pretty darn good, way better than the past many years.

I get a kick out of the back and forth on here..Rams have yet to win a thing for many years, pressure is on.

Seahawks could easily be 7-3 or 8-2, the Rams 7-3 (I know, I know, and all the other variables of 0-10 to 10-0)

Last edited:
Back in Sept I predicted an 8-8 season but now there might be a chance to go 9-7. Four of the last six games are at home and games with the 49'ers and Cardinals should go pretty much as planned. But KC will probably beat them and the Panthers have a good chance to as well. That leaves the Vikings game as a must win to get to 9-7.

I watched the first 4:41 of last night's game and it was laughable so I went to my shop and worked on my boat. I came back in with 3:31 left and saw that they were going to win. Surprised me! I can't understand why these guys can't start games off well and need 3 quarters to realize they are in a ball game. And the same with the whole season, they stagger out of the gate early in the year and lose games they should win easily if they just show up.

And why is it that so many good players leave Seattle and go elsewhere to play? Even after their Superbowl years when it looked like they could be a powerhouse for awhile star players left. What is it that drives them away? The coaching? The traffic? The gloom of winter? The long road trips? Cultural shortcomings? Rain? When a player leaves to go play in a Rust Belt city you have to wonder what the hell is going on.

Alot of what happened, to me, is that the Seahawks were so good in the Super Bowl years on the backs of super talented, low round draftpicks, even to undrafted guys. Payroll was not an issue.

Then they had to start paying the cheap stars, huge money.

Wilson went from, what..$600,000 a year to $20 million+?

I looked it up..made $350k first year..now-

Russell Wilson signed a 4 year, $87,600,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including a $31,000,000 signing bonus, $61,542,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $21,900,000. In 2018, Wilson will earn a base salary of $15,500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $23,786,666 and a dead cap value of $32,073,334.

creekx

spent spinner
And why is it that so many good players leave Seattle and go elsewhere to play? Even after their Superbowl years when it looked like they could be a powerhouse for awhile star players left. What is it that drives them away? The coaching? The traffic? The gloom of winter? The long road trips? Cultural shortcomings? Rain? When a player leaves to go play in a Rust Belt city you have to wonder what the hell is going on.
The problem isn't just the players that left, its also the players that stayed. After tasting a little success many wanted their payday and a few became malcontents. The Seahawks complied and kept the core together at some cost to the rest of the roster. The core got older and the foundation crumbled.

This is why it is so difficult to sustain a high level in the NFL. The Patriots are successful because they don't try to retain all of their stars - just a few. The blueprint is there, but most franchises don't have the stomach to trade their fan favorites.

You are far better off to trade a player too soon than too late. Earl Thomas, one of the best free safeties in NFL history was only worth a 2nd round pick on the market. Now the Seahawks will get zero value for him and he's costing them $$$ and maybe a cap hit too?