creekx

spent spinner
It is such a pleasure watching Bobby Wagner play linebacker. The guy has been playing at a level that is rarely seen at any position, and he's been doing it for a long time now. He's so quiet, not the least bit flashy, and doesn't get anywhere near the attention of other players, but he's playing linebacker as well as anyone in football is playing their position.

Hawk's fans have had the pleasure of watching a lot of great football players over the last 8 or 9 years, but I'm not sure any Seahawks player has played their position at as high a level as Bobby since Walter Jones dominated the left side of the offensive line.
He's been their most consistent player, just quietly making play after play - all while surrounded by a few selfish attention-seekers. I hope he plays this out and we see number 54 on the Ring of Honor someday.

All these years I credited ET as the anchor of the Hawks D. Turns out it was Wag..
I don't think we should diminish Thomas's contribution to Seattle's defense prowess. His speed, instincts and play making ability gave the corners and strong safety the freedom to play aggressively. They gave up 400+yrds in the air Sunday to a third string quarterback.

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
I don't think we should diminish Thomas's contribution to Seattle's defense prowess. His speed, instincts and play making ability gave the corners and strong safety the freedom to play aggressively. They gave up 400+yrds in the air Sunday to a third string quarterback.
Right on Chris. ET was the second best free safety I have ever seen play. Ed Reed being the best.
Bobby Wagner is one hell of a player but he is not in the top 5 or 10 middle LB that I have ever seen play.

Go sox,
Cds

It is such a pleasure watching Bobby Wagner play linebacker. The guy has been playing at a level that is rarely seen at any position, and he's been doing it for a long time now. He's so quiet, not the least bit flashy, and doesn't get anywhere near the attention of other players, but he's playing linebacker as well as anyone in football is playing their position.

Hawk's fans have had the pleasure of watching a lot of great football players over the last 8 or 9 years, but I'm not sure any Seahawks player has played their position at as high a level as Bobby since Walter Jones dominated the left side of the offensive line.
Respectfully, I submit #24.

Right on Chris. ET was the second best free safety I have ever seen play. Ed Reed being the best.
Bobby Wagner is one hell of a player but he is not in the top 5 or 10 middle LB that I have ever seen play.

Go sox,
Cds
1543942912998.png

So here's all the LB's in the HOF. Maybe you've seen a lot more players than me or maybe we just evaluate players differently, but I think Wags is a player whose putting together a career that measures up with most of the post 1980 players on this list. I think that's especially true in an era where a linebacker has to play at the line of scrimmage and function as a strong safety hybrid in coverage. A lot of these guys were in the backfield more than Wagoner. Not many of them could run to the ball or cover like he can. He's about to put up his seventh consecutive 100+ tackle season during an era of unprecedented downfield passing... Anyway, just happy he's a Seahawk.

Keuchly, Lewis, Erlacher, Singletary, Thomas, Willis, Seau, Banks were all better.

He is quite a player. ET was an all time great player.

Go Sox,
Cds
At present time I'd consider Keuchly and Wagner to be on the same level. Wagner is excellent, one of the best at the moment, but I don't think he's a generational talent the way guys like Singletary, Derrick Brooks, Ray Lewis etc were.

I think the 2013 Seahawks had 1 can't miss future hall of famer in Earl Thomas. If Sherman manages to get healthy and be productive into his mid 30's (maybe he could transition to Safety like other CB's have done) I could see him getting in too. Russell likely needs a full decade of health and high level production. Outside of those 3, I don't really see any one knocking on the door. I'd love it if more made it, the HOF could always use more 'Hawks.

Go sox,
Cds
I guess my point wasn't so much about how ET and Wag stacked up against their peers, but what they brought to the hawks. ET was the guy that I figured made it all work. Without taking anything away from no. 29, I'm convinced that it would have been much worse for the Hawks had Thomas stayed healthy and Wag got injured.

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
he was fine till he went to the Patriots
I liked him as a Patriot. I remember this one play at the end of Super Bowl XI Where the Seattle team tried to run a play near the end zoone at the end of the game. Browner blew up the receiver in front of hime. This allowed a young undrafted free agent from Western Alabama by the name of Malcolm Butler to make a tremendous interception. The interception sealed the game for the superior Patriots football team. Do you remember that play Billy?

Go Sox,
cds