I liked him as a Patriot. I remember this one play at the end of Super Bowl XI Where the Seattle team tried to run a play near the end zoone at the end of the game. Browner blew up the receiver in front of hime. This allowed a young undrafted free agent from Western Alabama by the name of Malcolm Butler to make a tremendous interception. The interception sealed the game for the superior Patriots football team. Do you remember that play Billy?

Go Sox,
cds
Hahahaha. Oh stop it...Charles!

View attachment 185804
Former Oregon State Beaver Brandin Cooks is having a remarkable NFL career. I enjoyed watching him play for the Beavs, but was bummed when the Saints drafted him. Glad he wears a RAM uniform now.
Out of curiosity, why not post this in the "Rams" thread? You posted a number of other Rams players in the appropriately titled thread "Rams" (I enjoyed seeing some of the older players from my youth) so I know you know it exists. I don't think Cooks or any of the other receivers listed ever played for the Seahawks. You are either posting this here, in a Seahawks thread for either one of three reasons...1) you are purposely trying to troll, 2) you think it will get more views on this thread than the other and that pleases you or 3) you made a mistake.

So which is it? Or is there a fourth reason that I didn't think of or mention?

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
Out of curiosity, why not post this in the "Rams" thread? You posted a number of other Rams players in the appropriately titled thread "Rams" (I enjoyed seeing some of the older players from my youth) so I know you know it exists. I don't think Cooks or any of the other receivers listed ever played for the Seahawks. You are either posting this here, in a Seahawks thread for either one of three reasons...1) you are purposely trying to troll, 2) you think it will get more views on this thread than the other and that pleases you or 3) you made a mistake.

So which is it? Or is there a fourth reason that I didn't think of or mention?
Every time someone complains about other teams being posted in the Seahawks thread it makes me want to do just that more.

Go Sox,
cds

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
I've been having some radical ideas lately about the NFL game. Specifically the penalties and how they slow down the game and all the angst it causes in the fans who feel they've been robbed.

Holding; why is it illegal? Allow everyone to do it and play ball damn it! Allow everything except kicking and biting.

Pass interference; Isn't the defensive objective to not let them catch it? If the rule above is adopted this penalty and it's ridiculous reward is gone.

Illegal motion; Give all those recievers the ability to move simultaneously and towards the line of scrimmage to offset the defenders new ability to hold them.

I've been having some radical ideas lately about the NFL game. Specifically the penalties and how they slow down the game and all the angst it causes in the fans who feel they've been robbed.

Holding; why is it illegal? Allow everyone to do it and play ball damn it! Allow everything except kicking and biting.

Pass interference; Isn't the defensive objective to not let them catch it? If the rule above is adopted this penalty and it's ridiculous reward is gone.

Illegal motion; Give all those recievers the ability to move simultaneously and towards the line of scrimmage to offset the defenders new ability to hold them.
I'm certainly no expert, but I think the reason for those penalties is that whomever is in charge of pro football want it to be a sport, as opposed to a traditional Roman gladiator contest. For example, if there was no such thing as pass interference, defenders would just opt to knock the shit out of every receiver on every play, thereby ending the passing game. I think you can see where this goes; either football is a sport, or it isn't.

You might like Rugby :)

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
if there was no such thing as pass interference, defenders would just opt to knock the shit out of every receiver on every play
Hitting a defenseless receiver should be a penalty. But holding? Come on! Holding? Really?
*Whiny voice* "Throw the flag he's holding me! Waaaaaaaa!"
If you don't want to be held, juke the guy and get some separation!

Why can't offensive linemen hold? "It might keep the defense from getting to the QB." So...isn't that their job?
Why can't defensive linemen hold? "It might keep the offense from being able to pull the linemen." You mean...defend?

Holding penalties are stupid. It isn't a safety thing. Everyone in the league will admit that holding could be called on every play, but isn't. These are bs penalties that do nothing more than interrupt the flow of the game.

Watch arena ball and see how exciting it is when the receivers are rushing the line at full speed when the ball is snapped. Good luck trying to hold one of those guys.

Latest posts