Every time someone complains about other teams being posted in the Seahawks thread it makes me want to do just that more.

Go Sox,
cds
For the record, the intent of my post wasn't to issue a complaint but rather an observation. I don't nessessary mind Dime's Ram posts or even your Pats posts on Seahawk threads. Without them there would be half the pages and most of the content similar in nature. Dime can justify his no-name Seahawk reference but I'd like to see him admit he posts his Ram content just to get a rise out of everybody else.

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
For the record, the intent of my post wasn't to issue a complaint but rather an observation. I don't nessessary mind Dime's Ram posts or even your Pats posts on Seahawk threads. Without them there would be half the pages and most of the content similar in nature. Dime can justify his no-name Seahawk reference but I'd like to see him admit he posts his Ram content just to get a rise out of everybody else.
The fact that you want that admission is a great reason not to give it. Strategy wise it is Rex Ryan level stuff.
I often post to teach the generally dilusional Seahawks fan (mostly Billy) something about professional football. It is usually met with obstinant ignorance or cognitive dissonance. Aside from when Porter pipes up most chickenhawk fans know little about the game with the exception of what John Clayton, the football moron, has told them on their ride to work.
Lucky for you all, your team is pretty good. They should be for a while too. In the last year they have turned over the roster effectively. Its unlucky for the more educated football fans of other teams because we have to hear the overblown excuberance at the coffee pot at work. It is akin to litening to Tamp Bay Lightning fans wax poetic about the nuetral zone trap.

The fact that you want that admission is a great reason not to give it. Strategy wise it is Rex Ryan level stuff.
I often post to teach the generally dilusional Seahawks fan (mostly Billy) something about professional football. It is usually met with obstinant ignorance or cognitive dissonance. Aside from when Porter pipes up most chickenhawk fans know little about the game with the exception of what John Clayton, the football moron, has told them on their ride to work.
Lucky for you all, your team is pretty good. They should be for a while too. In the last year they have turned over the roster effectively. Its unlucky for the more educated football fans of other teams because we have to hear the overblown excuberance at the coffee pot at work. It is akin to litening to Tamp Bay Lightning fans wax poetic about the nuetral zone trap.
Let me re-phrase my post. Contrary to what I wrote, I don't care if Dime admits or confesses why he posts Ram stuff on the Seahawks thread. But I did want to provide Dime an OPPORTUNITY to explain his rationale. Of course he doesn't have to and he apparently has made his choice not to...that's all good. I had a brief curiosity but that moment is long gone and I will go back to posting on topics I have more interest in...like fish and fishing.

There may be a lot of delusional Seahawk fans but I would bet there is a similar proportion of delusional fans in every city across the nation. I don't think Seattle has that market cornered. As far as the rest of your comments, I'm glad I don't pay attention to know what Ryan, Clayton, or the Tampa Bay Lightning are saying or doing because frankly, I'm just not that worried about it. I do get a little amusement, entertainment, and perhaps gain a little knowledge from these posts, which is partly why I keep clicking on them but I certainly don't take it all that seriously.

I've been having some radical ideas lately about the NFL game. Specifically the penalties and how they slow down the game and all the angst it causes in the fans who feel they've been robbed.

Holding; why is it illegal? Allow everyone to do it and play ball damn it! Allow everything except kicking and biting.

Pass interference; Isn't the defensive objective to not let them catch it? If the rule above is adopted this penalty and it's ridiculous reward is gone.

Illegal motion; Give all those recievers the ability to move simultaneously and towards the line of scrimmage to offset the defenders new ability to hold them.
Mostly it's because the owners want offensive football games because that is what they think the fans want, and some do I'd suppose. Personally, I've always appreciated good defensive football, but most of the rule changes in the last 5 years have limited the defense. It's turning into the NBA, where everybody scores a lot and the last team with the ball wins. Plus the CTE law suit scared the shit out of them, they know about money and are adverse to giving it away.

Last edited:

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
Let me re-phrase my post. Contrary to what I wrote, I don't care if Dime admits or confesses why he posts Ram stuff on the Seahawks thread. But I did want to provide Dime an OPPORTUNITY to explain his rationale. Of course he doesn't have to and he apparently has made his choice not to...that's all good. I had a brief curiosity but that moment is long gone and I will go back to posting on topics I have more interest in...like fish and fishing.

There may be a lot of delusional Seahawk fans but I would bet there is a similar proportion of delusional fans in every city across the nation. I don't think Seattle has that market cornered. As far as the rest of your comments, I'm glad I don't pay attention to know what Ryan, Clayton, or the Tampa Bay Lightning are saying or doing because frankly, I'm just not that worried about it. I do get a little amusement, entertainment, and perhaps gain a little knowledge from these posts, which is partly why I keep clicking on them but I certainly don't take it all that seriously.
Hey, lets not talk about dilusional chowderheads. This is a Seahawk thread!

Who do the fighting chickenhawks have this weekend? Is it The Sisters of Eternal Mercy?

Go sox,
Cds

Ha. Please Charles. You couldn't have been more wrong on your assessment of the Hawks this year and many other points you attempt to make. Do you remember this gem?

As for the fighting chickenhawks, I am super interested in how Wilson does this year. The defense reportedly got fed up with Carrol coddling him. Now they have a new defense. We will see how good he is without a dominant defense.
My guess is that you are all bitching and moaning about the o-line again and Wilson's average time to throw is 6.5 seconds. That has been the pattern for the last 5 years or so.
Go Sox,
Cds
Now let's see what I said leading up to the season :
I don't see how we will be worst then last year. Oline should improve (cant be worst). Running game too (cant be worst). Russ will do what he does. Special teams should be improved. I think people are not giving Pete enough credit for his ability to coach a defense. There will be some growing pains but 0-6 in division? I don't see it.
Who is right?

You are a football legend only in your own egotistical mind Charles hahaha.

DOLPHINS !! Safety check on Charles, please?? The most humiliating, last play defeat in years.
Gronkowski was playing centerfield, and looked as slow as Tom Brady, a poor effort on his part to save the team from an embarrassing, give-up loss

Gronk? the last line of defense? Yikes. Good call, Coach Belichick.
A lot of Patriots standing and watching.

That one is going to sting for years and years

Last edited: