Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Seahawks

NFR 
Tags
go hawks!
271K views 7K replies 154 participants last post by  Thrasybulus 
#1 ·
Did I miss the "official Seahawks thread" ? I can't believe nobody has started one yet :eek:

#1,205 ·
View attachment 185804
Former Oregon State Beaver Brandin Cooks is having a remarkable NFL career. I enjoyed watching him play for the Beavs, but was bummed when the Saints drafted him. Glad he wears a RAM uniform now.
Out of curiosity, why not post this in the "Rams" thread? You posted a number of other Rams players in the appropriately titled thread "Rams" (I enjoyed seeing some of the older players from my youth) so I know you know it exists. I don't think Cooks or any of the other receivers listed ever played for the Seahawks. You are either posting this here, in a Seahawks thread for either one of three reasons...1) you are purposely trying to troll, 2) you think it will get more views on this thread than the other and that pleases you or 3) you made a mistake.

So which is it? Or is there a fourth reason that I didn't think of or mention?

#1,210 ·
I've been having some radical ideas lately about the NFL game. Specifically the penalties and how they slow down the game and all the angst it causes in the fans who feel they've been robbed.

Holding; why is it illegal? Allow everyone to do it and play ball damn it! Allow everything except kicking and biting.

Pass interference; Isn't the defensive objective to not let them catch it? If the rule above is adopted this penalty and it's ridiculous reward is gone.

Illegal motion; Give all those recievers the ability to move simultaneously and towards the line of scrimmage to offset the defenders new ability to hold them.

#1,211 ·
I'm certainly no expert, but I think the reason for those penalties is that whomever is in charge of pro football want it to be a sport, as opposed to a traditional Roman gladiator contest. For example, if there was no such thing as pass interference, defenders would just opt to knock the shit out of every receiver on every play, thereby ending the passing game. I think you can see where this goes; either football is a sport, or it isn't.

#1,228 · (Edited)
DOLPHINS !! Safety check on Charles, please?? The most humiliating, last play defeat in years.
Gronkowski was playing centerfield, and looked as slow as Tom Brady, a poor effort on his part to save the team from an embarrassing, give-up loss

Gronk? the last line of defense? Yikes. Good call, Coach Belichick.
A lot of Patriots standing and watching.

That one is going to sting for years and years

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.