Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Seahawks

NFR 
Tags
go hawks!
270K views 7K replies 154 participants last post by  Thrasybulus 
#1 ·
Did I miss the "official Seahawks thread" ? I can't believe nobody has started one yet :eek:

#3,323 ·
For all those who dislike or root against the Patsies, tonight is your time to shine. The Jets gave New England a bit of a hard time in their previous meeting. They got their QB back and their best defensive player.
The Pat's offense is a veritable mash unit that is missing multiple linemen and wideouts (they may be down to 3 wr, 2 are rookies). They are also missing running backs and tight ends.

Seems like an opportunity for Mono free D and his Jets. The Pat's defense will probably have to play outstanding for them to win.

Go Sox,
Cds

#3,324 ·
For all those who dislike or root against the Patsies, tonight is your time to shine. The Jets gave New England a bit of a hard time in their previous meeting. They got their QB back and their best defensive player.
The Pat's offense is a veritable mash unit that is missing multiple linemen and wideouts (they may be down to 3 wr, 2 are rookies). They are also missing running backs and tight ends.

Seems like an opportunity for Mono free D and his Jets. The Pat's defense will probably have to play outstanding for them to win.

Go Sox,
Cds
An October loss to the Jets would be akin to the way Seattle used to lose to the Jeff Fisher Rams despite being a superior team. If the NFL would allow it, Belichick should look into forfeiting and getting a second bye week out of this game. It almost doesn't matter if the Pats lose this one. Barring injury they'll win the AFC lEast and I'm guessing 12 wins would put them in the hunt for home field in the playoffs.

#3,327 · (Edited)
Anyone else think that the 1-6 Falcons at home, Dan Quinn coaching for his job, won't pull out a super impressive performance against Seattle or Seattle plain up has back to back clunkers??

This one does not look good for Seattle from where I am sitting, whether or not Matt Ryan plays.

I'd rather see the Seahawks play the Patriots/49ers than a 1-6 team with job incentives on the line for coaches.

#3,328 ·
Do Seahawks fans just have elevated expectations? The coaching staff isn't very good and they don't always seem to have the team ready to play. And the damned play calling is a head scratcher. So many series start with a plunge into the line that results in 1-3 yards. What kind of a game plan is that?

Mike Wilbon said it best today with this one liner: "Seattle is really just a mediocre team". And as Westley said in The Princess Bride-"Get used to disappointment".

#3,329 ·
Do Seahawks fans just have elevated expectations? The coaching staff isn't very good and they don't always seem to have the team ready to play. And the damned play calling is a head scratcher. So many series start with a plunge into the line that results in 1-3 yards. What kind of a game plan is that?

Mike Wilbon said it best today with this one liner: "Seattle is really just a mediocre team". And as Westley said in The Princess Bride-"Get used to disappointment".
Inconceivable!

#3,339 ·
My advice to Sam Darnold is the same as it was two years ago-stay in school kid. He was way too green to turn pro and played his last year at SC about the same as he played tonight, bad decisions and bad mistakes.

But I am amused that the Jets took him so high in the draft. It's like they didn't evaluate his body of work at all and signed him.....why? Had he stayed in school he would be a senior this year and with about 26 more games of experience would be a good candidate for the NFL. But he has appeared as a boy playing a man's game, much like a lot of other guys that leave early for the bucks but aren't ready for the bigs. A piano player may learn a few chords and be able to play Chop Sticks and Happy Birthday well but that doesn't mean they are ready for a concerto. Darnold looks like he forgot the notes to Happy Birthday.

#3,342 ·
What is of the utmost importance is that we understand all the flaws of the losers. Never tip your cap to the winner.

That same Jets team beat the Cowboys last week.

Pat's defense:2
Jets offense: 0

Go sox,
Cds
According to people a hell of a lot better at math and statistics as me the Pats will play the second easiest schedule ever in football....

Also Diggs to Seahawks??? Go Hawks. Good trade I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.