Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Seahawks

NFR 
Tags
go hawks!
271K views 7K replies 154 participants last post by  Thrasybulus 
#1 ·
Did I miss the "official Seahawks thread" ? I can't believe nobody has started one yet :eek:

#6,480 ·
I've missed you too buddy! Always fun slinging arrows your way when you're firing bullets at the Hawks. Time for you to reload, sorry it's the lambs time but they can't afford it! They'll still be good...unfortunately. Never knew why you were such a lambs Homer: from St Louis, LA or just tossed a dart at the board??!!

#6,499 ·
Chicken or the egg?

I don’t think RW is a great pocket passer. Look at the first quarter.

I do think he is a great quarterback when his first or even second read isn’t open.

Somehow he is at his best when they know he is going to throw.

Steve Young was a better version of RW though

#6,501 ·
Chicken or the egg?

I don't think RW is a great pocket passer. Look at the first quarter.

I do think he is a great quarterback when his first or even second read isn't open.

Somehow he is at his best when they know he is going to throw.

Steve Young was a better version of RW though
As a 49ers fan, maybe you should sit this one out. #owned

Font Screenshot Electronic device Technology Multimedia

#6,519 ·
Draft day

time for your predictions:

1. Do the Hawks trade out of Round 1?
2. What position is their first pick?
Edit: you can guess which player If you have one (extra credit)

me :
1. No if Yetur Gross-Matos Is available at pick 27, but yes they’ll trade down/out if they think he is not available
2. DE if Yetur Gross-Matos Is available, OT if he is not (don’t know which one)

better not be another overreach RB

keep in mind that I don’t know what I’m talking about and that’s why I’m reaching out to the WFF intelligentsia to hear some more interesting insights. Plus I’m tired of talking COVID.

Reactions: creekx
#6,525 ·
Draft day

time for your predictions:

1. Do the Hawks trade out of Round 1?
2. What position is their first pick?
Edit: you can guess which player If you have one (extra credit)

me :
1. No if Yetur Gross-Matos Is available at pick 27, but yes they'll trade down/out if they think he is not available
2. DE if Yetur Gross-Matos Is available, OT if he is not (don't know which one)

better not be another overreach RB

keep in mind that I don't know what I'm talking about and that's why I'm reaching out to the WFF intelligentsia to hear some more interesting insights. Plus I'm tired of talking COVID.
Don't really have any predictions, but I have favorites.

I've been hoping the Hawks draft Gross-Matos since last fall. He's an absolute beast and from what I've seen an incredible young man. Unfortunately, he's been creeping up everyone's draft board so might not be available.

As for RB's, unfortunately I think its a bit of a priority again, but I doubt they use their 1st on one. There are some good one's like Zach Moss from Utah that will be available later. He's a good, hard, north-south runner and would fit the Hawks offense.

I think safety or corner make sense as 2nd and 3rd round picks. If safety Grant Delpit from LSU is available in the 2nd (maybe 3rd) round I think they should nab him.

BTW, what is the 27th overall pick worth in terms of later round picks? Can you get a 2nd and 3rd? 2nd and 4th?

When one draft analyst got to predicting the Hawk's pick he basically said, why am I doing this when we know they are going to trade this pick? So true...

#6,520 ·
Obviously pass rusher is a huge need, and if Gross-Matos is there I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the trigger. Same could be said of one of a few offensive lineman. That center from Michigan would be tempting. As would the tackle from USC.

Ultimately I'm guessing they trade back, possibly out of the first round. The interesting thing is that if one of the big lineman isn't there, they could go one of several routes that could potentially help the team big time. They don't NEED a running back, but if that kid from Wisconsin was available I wouldn't be too mad if they took him. Same thing with a corner like Diggs. I imagine they pick up a receiver at some point but most likely on day 2.

#6,527 ·
I'm not going to be surprised if they trade the 1st in a package for a player, a la Jimmy Graham.

I just don't see them doing it for one of the tagged DE's that are out there "available". Why would we give up draft capital and still have to pay them a big contract when we didn't do that with Frank Clark and won't do it with Clowney. So we'll probably do it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.