Icicle creek flow and fishability?

For years, I only ever saw Icicle Creek (near Leavenworth) when it was blown out with spring melt. Then I happened to be in that area last October and it was in great shape. I'm thinking of hitting it up next weekend, but thought I'd see if anyone had a report on how it's looking right now before making the drive from Seattle. Anyone been there recently, or have experience with it in August in general?

Thanks!

I'm not a local to the area and have only fished it once, so take that with a grain of salt. I fished it last weekend for several days straight. It fished great, with piles of fish caught. Size? for me, a 12" fish was a trophy, and most fish were 6-10". The majority of my larger fish came from throwing small buggers but nymph/dries out-fished buggers by at least 5-1. The best method all around seemed to be going with a dry/dropper (small prince of darkness & purple holo humpy for the dry were the money flies of that weekend). Hopefully someone who fishes the area regularly will either chime in or shoot you a PM....you'll have fun, it's a beautiful area that makes up for lack of size with numbers & amazing scenery.

I haven't fished it in a couple years, but this time of year it is very wade able.
Still very cold, fish are smallish, 10 to 12" are bigg'ins.
Some one said there were brook trout and bull trout, but I never caught any, all were RB's

Big Rob

I live near Everett, but fish it yearly...and have for the past 15+ years.
Its getting pretty low, but will still fish well. Is pretty rare to find anything over 10", but they are there.
A 1wt-4wt and a pocket full of tan #16 caddis/stimmies and you're in.
PM me if you want more details...

From my experience it’s hard not to catch fish in the icicle. I’ve fished it 6/8 times. They will take anything. The fish are small, but plentiful. The bigger ones I have caught, take nymphs off the bottom, in deeper pockets... 3wt

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I haven't fished it in a couple years, but this time of year it is very wade able.
Still very cold, fish are smallish, 10 to 12" are bigg'ins.
Some one said there were brook trout and bull trout, but I never caught any, all were RB's
You want some very cold rivers. I'll give you a couple The Wallace is very cold. I wet waded it one year and thought I was in the middle of winter, it was in July, And Sloan creek, it feels like you have to break through the ice to fish it. Damn it was cold. And the mosquitoes up there are huge, and bite like they are.

Latest posts