Logging in Upper Skagit River watershed put on hold as Seattle has ‘grave concern’

just look at the Klondike region of Canada & see the environmental damage that's been legally happening for many decades in the quest for Gold.Canadians have very few environmental laws when it comes to forest & stream damage
But they have so much! Plenty to go around for everybody. They’ll never run out.

It's one thing to dump into the moving water, still very wrong and should be better managed. But that damn plant in Juanita that opens up in to Lake Washington really needs to be gone and replaced with a better solution. That sewage doesn't get flushed anywhere. I haven't lived there for 14 years, so maybe it's been replaced, but I have my doubts.

It's one thing to dump into the moving water, still very wrong and should be better managed. But that damn plant in Juanita that opens up in to Lake Washington really needs to be gone and replaced with a better solution. That sewage doesn't get flushed anywhere. I haven't lived there for 14 years, so maybe it's been replaced, but I have my doubts.
I don’t think sewage, treated or not, gets intentionally discharged into the lake anymore. Not for a long time. There is a pump station in Juanita—maybe that’s what you’re recalling—and Seattle and others have been working to fix their combined sewer systems so that when it rains the combined stormwater and sewage overflow doesn’t go into the lake or wherever else. Because that’s just nasty.

Matt, that's what I'm recalling. During heavy rains, it would get overloaded and dump it's load directly into the lake. As most know, Juanita Bay is one of the shallowest spots and tucked away so there was no flow to move it out of there. Tough place to have it along with a huge park for swimming. Hope they solved it!

Smalma

Probably in the minority here but I find it rich that the City of Seattle is concern about the environmental impacts from BC logging on their reservoirs.

Not to defend logging in high elevation wilderness areas or the dumping of sewage the City of Seattle through it Skagit reservoirs have significantly altered the largest river and its fish entering Puget Sound. Maybe the good mayor should begin her battle to be environmental responsible a little closer to home!

Curt

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
Probably in the minority here but I find it rich that the City of Seattle is concern about the environmental impacts from BC logging on their reservoirs.

Not to defend logging in high elevation wilderness areas or the dumping of sewage the City of Seattle through it Skagit reservoirs have significantly altered the largest river and its fish entering Puget Sound. Maybe the good mayor should begin her battle to be environmental responsible a little closer to home!

Curt
my thoughts exactly

Rob Allen

Curt

I think that is precisely why so many would be environmental allies are turned away from whe whole movement. It seems to be all about telling other people about how they are screwing thing up. For evidence of this all I have to do is look at the things i used to say on Ifish.

Curt
It seems the city is only concerned to the extent they feel the logging is violating some sort of prior agreement that was made. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that they'd try and see if they can get it stopped. It's not like it's just some random logging they've targeted to get pissy about.

ceviche

Ross Lake is one of the few lakes with naturally reproducing populations of wild rainbow trout in the state. I’d hate to see them get messed up by mine tailings run off.

Curt
You are so right. I'm going to bite my lip. My gramma said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything!

Curt
Grand standing they are.

Latest posts