New guy from Kennewick

Howdy everybody. New guy here from Kennewick Washington. Just thought I would introduce myself before I start posting.

I'm new here but not really new to fly fishing. I'm a sophmore (junior in 1 week!) civil engineering student at Carroll College in Helena Montana. I got serious about fly fishing my freshman year here (when you are in Montana, how could you not?) I have gotten pretty familiar with some of the waters around Helena such as the Missouri and Little Blackfoot.

During my summer vacations when I'm not working you can usually find my friend and I fishing for bass on the Columbia and snake rivers. I would like to explore more trout water such as the touchet, toucannon, the yakima and other rivers like that near home.

My weapon of choice is an 8'6" St. Croix Legen Ultra 5wt. But I am thinking of picking up a 3wt of some sort for fishing the small rivers.

This looks like a great forum, and I hope to contribute and learn alot here.

Andrew Powers

ceviche

Glad you signed on, Andrew. The knowledge that you'll gain here will really help your learning curve. There's a serious brain trust going on here.

hey man, when you get back to town we should meet up sometime, im in benton city, ill take you to tuccanonn if you teach me to cast better,

and ill even let you fish our secret benton city spots along the yak that is filled with huge bass.

welcome aboard.

wade

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Welcome aboard. It sure is nice to have somebody introduce himself before asking for advice on where to fisn or what to use when you get there.

A friendly piece of advice is that when you sign on for the first time to introduce yourself instead of asking questions on where to fish as most of the regulars have put in many hours of searching to find their honey holes. Yours included.

Jim

Thanks everybody.

Wade, it will probably be a while untill I get some time to go fly fishing. I have some bass tournaments coming up that take precedence. But I will definitely get ahold of you sometime this summer.

Andrew

Latest posts