Tool caddy?

C&CRods

not your average member
Moved to a new spot and trying to figure out a new organized tying setup. Anyone use a tool caddy or classy roll up pouch for thier tools that they recommend? While you are at it share your organization of hair, flash, dubbing, etc. My last set up was ok but big drawers tended to allow alot of things to get lost in the bottom and back and i would forget what i did and didnt have. Maybe the nature of the beast but give me some ideas!

C&CRods

not your average member
Cool idea for a portable kit!

My station is permanent (I don't have to break it down when I'm done tying), so I've become a big fan of the Renzetti foam caddy.
I looked at that and similar products. My station is quite permenant also(ill put a pic up later), but i like the idea of having tools sorted and away from everything else. Ithought i would get sloppy with the foam caddy and once again have everything jumbled up and out of order, but the odds are good that they will still be jumbled and out of order soon enough haha

C&CRods

not your average member
I never thought i would have to move this table, and after doing it i hope i dont have to again. But it is the perfect gear table that always has 1/3 dedicated to tying space.

Attachments

FinLuver

I have the foam caddy as well, but it only sees daylight when I'm at tyin shows...ideal for fast cleanup and pack away, courtesy for the next guy in the spot.

I looked at that and similar products. My station is quite permenant also(ill put a pic up later), but i like the idea of having tools sorted and away from everything else. Ithought i would get sloppy with the foam caddy and once again have everything jumbled up and out of order, but the odds are good that they will still be jumbled and out of order soon enough haha
I don't find it gets that jumbled up. and the honestly it's pretty easy to look it over and just see what you're looking for, if it is in fact out of place. If the tool isn't exactly where I think it should be it's usually just one slot over. But yes, sticking to consistent tool placement is key, especially when you first start using it. That said the biggest issue I end with by far is not putting the tool back in there in the first place. It's on the desk, hidden under a bag of this or that.

But I do truly love mine. The only downside has been that I bought a lot more bobbins since I had a place to so conveniently keep them stored.

C&CRods

not your average member
I appreciate the reviews of your use. Im sure i will outgrow the trifold at some point, and now the renzetti is on the list of items to try. Thanks!

I have 2 of the Renzettis full and love them. They are heavy and don't move around much.
Also have the Renzetti and find it has really reduced the clutter on my tying desk and searching time for tools/bobbins/etc - as long as you make a point of putting them back into it.

Latest posts