NFR College football; need new media service

fishbadger

Stoked for the start of the college football season, will be watching the Badgers closely this year, sky's (almost) the limit. Huskies look great too. Bring it on.

But I gotta deep six my relationship with Comcast Xfinity, they d/c'd the Big Ten Network in their sports package channel lineup, and now won't even support it online as a streaming option. Their internet service is blinky. Somebody is going to get my internet and cable tv service. What are my options? Dish? DirectTV? Who does a decent job? When the rivers are brown I gotta watch something!

fb

Big Rob

I left Comcast because they block a lot of streaming options, and we stream a ton of (torrent) movies.
Went with Frontier/FIOS (was really satisfied) but ultimately dropped the TV package after 2 years, and just stream everything....lots a stuff available a la carte over ROKU

Bruce Baker

I have DirecTV and have their sports package. I get the Big Ten Network and a lot of FOX sports stations from around the country. The Pac12 Network is not available.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
They all suck. I used to get two Pac 12 channels with Comcast.
Now one says I have to subscribe to it.

Badgers look tough this year.
SF

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
PAC12 network is available on DISH.

I have DirecTV. It works fine until there is a hard rain storm or snow is coming down. If I want to watch the dawgs and they not on TV I go to my local bar about a mile away...

Ron McNeal

Tony Clifton wanna-be....

I have DirecTV. It works fine until there is a hard rain storm or snow is coming down. If I want to watch the dawgs and they not on TV I go to my local bar about a mile away...
........and so is the Big10 Network. That's why I moved from Comcast to DISH..............

Travis Bille

Check out SlingTv. It's a streaming service. I don't have cable. SlingTv is month to month and has the PAC12 network as well as numerous other sports networks. It costs $25 a month. I renew my subscription every September for the college football season and then cancel it when it's done. No contract or anything. I'm quite happy with it

Bruce Baker

I have my dish on the ground next to the house. So hopefully it will be a little more protected from the elements. And if I have to clean snow off of it, it will now be so much easier.

fishbadger

Thanks for the replies all, you've given me hope. Good luck to all this season, between the sidelines and in the tailouts,

fb

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts