Gulff UV Resin

I've used the black Magic & mentioned in another thread i will do a review, i've just been a bit pre occupied with other things. Also have to find my Loon mega light, because I used a shit dida light & it wasn't 100% tack free. I'll try to put the loon light on a drop tomorrow & do a review!

I heard you need at least a 3 watt light for Gulff to cure. Loon states that their Infiniti light was originally designed for a 10 watt output but it came in a bit less than that. Gulff sells lights from 2 to 5 watt.

Ron McNeal

Life's good!
i wouldnt pay gulff prices for their light

3 watt for under $6 bucks

https://www.ebay.com/p/3w-UltraFire...urple-Light/868251826?iid=122414869099&chn=ps

colored uv resins are not that unusual. seems like theyre migration from crafts to fly tying

https://www.google.com/search?q=col...zJ_dAhVOT98KHYhgAY8Q_AUICygC&biw=1600&bih=763
That <$6 light is 395nm, not 365nm, and I'm led to believe that makes a big difference when it comes to curing efficiency. I could be wrong.

the 3 watt lamp above cures clear cure goo, bug bond, deer creek, loon, solarez resins that ive used with no problems but the choice of any light at the higer prices is for you to make

Nit to confuse tge issue but, a couple if years ago I asked my dentist if he had any old lights. He left the room and as I was heading off, brought me two old lights he no longer wanted. One didn't work but the other did. I've used it on Tuffflye and it cures that product. Since then I've learnt that dental lamps use blue UV rays, the same as most if not all dental products put out. If your going to ask your dentist for one you need a product that hardens with blue UV rays.

IveofIone

A timely subject. Almost 10 years ago I bought a bottle of Loon UV Clear Fly Finish. Now it is almost gone and I need a replacement. Which product should I replace it with? I have somehow acquired 4 different UV curing lights but have no idea as to what their specifications are or what compound they match up to. Any suggestions?

FinLuver

A timely subject. Almost 10 years ago I bought a bottle of Loon UV Clear Fly Finish. Now it is almost gone and I need a replacement. Which product should I replace it with? I have somehow acquired 4 different UV curing lights but have no idea as to what their specifications are or what compound they match up to. Any suggestions?
Black electrical tape - tape all four curing lights together - Turn all on at once.
Takes all the guess work out of it.
Torch On...Dude!! :)

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I’ve recently started using Solarez.
Have only tried the Bone Dry so far but I’m liking it...a lot.
Good name for a product because it is Bone Dry when cured (tack free).
It cured great with two different lights, neither of which was theirs.

Durable too. Clousers have taken a beach beating the past six straight days and are holding up great.
SF

+1 for Bone Dry.
Since I live in a relatively cold place when the bottles first arrived in the mail I had to liquify the resin in the microwave as instructed by Solarez. I'm on my second bottle and both required the microwave treatment. No problem with it re-solidifying and it does apply and cure really well.
Prior to getting the Solarez I used a couple Deer Creek resins which were fine - just like the Bone Dry a bit more.

Latest posts