FS William Joseph Coastal ( Hybrid ) Pack Brand New

Guess you could call this New Old Stock
I purchased it directly from the William Joseph Store in Salt Lake City about ten years ago, and just rediscovered it when we moved to western WA
It is Brand New, never been worn outside the house
It's a shame these guys went out of business, they made great, innovative fishing gear, especially packs
Here is something I found in an online review.....
"The Coastal is difficult to describe to say the least. If you imagine a small backpack with large pouches on each strap you'll have the basic picture. Add a pocket in every conceivable place and you have the Coastal Pack. I've decided to let the pictures do most of the talking regarding the features of this 21st Century wonder.
William Joseph's brilliant Tippet Control System
A feature I’d like to stress is the Willy J. "TCS" pocket. This means Tippet Control System and the picture says it all really. Fill 5 spools of leadermaterial into the pocket, and let it pass through the 5 small slits that are marked with X's. This is a brilliant feature that I just love. Easy, simple and fast access to leadermaterial."

I think it is fair to say that this pack was one of the first of a new breed of fishing pack - the backpack/vest hybrid.
The large pocket in the back is designed to carry a water bladder or a whole bunch of gear - lunch, camera, extra fly boxes.
Well designed pack with great padding on your pack and shoulders and it should ride well for a full day on the river or beach.
Zingers everywhere - four of them.
Net loop on the back, loops on each of the shoulder straps ( front )

Price: $159 includes shipping. PayPal OK.

Attachments

• WJ Coastal Pack Front.jpg
    WJ Coastal Pack Front.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 167
  • WJ Coastal Pack Back.jpg
    WJ Coastal Pack Back.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 171
  • wj_back.jpg
    wj_back.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Poff

WFF Premium
WJ packs were solid and I’m kind of sad I sold one of their packs I used to have.

In case it helps those considering this pack, I don’t think WJ went out of business, rather I think the parent who owns William Joseph and Badlands packs decided to discontinue the fishing pack side of their business. Badlands packs is still in operation.

It might be worth a call to Badlands to see if they are still honoring any warranty issues for William Joseph.

Anyway, great packs.

Richard E

In case it helps those considering this pack, I don’t think WJ went out of business, rather I think the parent who owns William Joseph and Badlands packs decided to discontinue the fishing pack side of their business. Badlands packs is still in operation.

Unfamiliar with the Badlands connection, but I called W&J earlier this year and someone picked up the phone and chatted with me about warranty. So, as of earlier this year, W&J was still around (but I believe in a different format and business model than in years previous).

I am relatively new to this Forum and don't know all the rules, however I have sold tons of stuff, lots of it quite expensive online on other forums ( camera gear, bamboo fly rods ) and this sort of "price checking" post is considered to be poor form on those forums.
Sellers set their prices and buyers decide whether or not to make an offer.
This would have been more appropriate as a private PM if you were doing it as a favor to help me sell my item.
Otherwise - it's a dick move!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts