NF Sky secret cabin

I recently recieved the keys to an off-the-grid defunct cabin north of Index on the NF skykomish. I'm unfamiliar with that river, but can't wait to get up there and check it out. I've heard steelheading is good in the summer. Anyone familiar with the area?

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Yes, but I ain't going to tell you about it :p

Jim

I'm havinf second thought's on this. I know a little bit about that area. Having fished that river for the last forty years.

Jim

Let me put it this way. For anyone who has knowledge of the area, I'm more than happy to set up a rendezvous for whoever is interested this summer- the cabin sleeps about 20, just need food, refreshments, my guitar, you know the rest.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Well I ain't against parties where any drinking is involved. But if you want to fish that river be sure to read the regs on it and then read them again. The best parts of that river are closed to any type of fishing bawling: .I used to do pretty good in that area but I have found a few other places to catch fish on that river.

But being that you are up in that area there is about eight other streams and rivers up in there to fish.

In order to find where you can fish and can't fish you need a good map(sorry I can't help myself on this thing). It kinda helps you on where the river is closed on the lower end but not where it is closed on the upper end. That took a bit of searching but I got it done. I guess that I'm just chomping on the bit waiting for the 1st of June. So much water so little time.

Jim

Latest posts