NFR Back to School

Skip Enge

have worked a couple of days at the High School. I have noted a new fashion trend. the girls must be spending a ton on their clothes.

They are expensive, but each pair is artfully distressed by a wolf.

Attachments

Trapper

Author, Writer, Photographer
At least our bell bottoms had, well, bottoms!

I can’t really understand why people would spend all that money to look like a homeless person.

But, before we get too uppity, I graduated HS in 1968. Woodstock was a year later.

FEB3D469-8C9C-46E3-9916-272FDA3F3AD1.jpeg

Last edited:

Skip Enge

At least our bell bottoms had, well, bottoms!

I can’t really understand why people would spend all that money to look like a homeless person.
acceptance...cliquishness...popularity

I wore some dumb stuff in junior high...a green satin Paul Revere and the raiders billowy sleaved shirt and white jeans...referred to as milk man pants...one ahole from then would walk by and before I knew it make a big converse tennis shoe imprint on t my pants leg...then there was college...osh Cosh overalls and annie green Springs and Bones farm Apple wine tshirts with a roach clip beaded neckless and I carried a tie dyed book bag...no lemei bag though...then just out of college, hair cut short, tan leisure suit and a portfolio for design job interviews...Now I wear a lot of plaid and always black jeans from Walmart...Ha!

David Loy

Senior Moment
So, you and Swimmy are related?
Yeah, I wore some “fancy” shit too, and still struck out a lot.
I remember a family gathering in the late 80s I think, where Aunts & Uncles were lamenting fashion trends. I offered up that some designer jeans were pre-shredded and cost over $100. My great Aunt snorted in ridiculous disbelief. I’ll bet Lourdes jeans here are 10 times that. They probably resemble a mop after a wash.

Skip Enge

"So, you and Swimmy are related?"

I don't nor have I ever wore Spandex . nor tshirts with sports logos on them...shoes? I wear Keens >comfortable...my one splurge...I really hate "kids" shoes

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I wore those original cords. The ones when they got wet weighted a ton. Had my hair cut into a Princeton Hair cut. That was about as hip as I was. I was a quiet one is High School I tried to be invisible.

Latest posts