Buying a house in Oregon

Any one in Astoria or Warrenton, I have some questions my wife and I are looking to buy and will be there again this weekend looking at stuff.

If this is in the wrong forum please let me know.

I do have some fly fishing questions as this is some very different fishing from what I am use to.

Thanks

If you just have fishing questions: I can help a little. I typically just fish hardware in that area. You can get some surf perch on the beach side if you know where to look, and coho can be had from Social Security/Retirement Beach at the Columbia mouth (but is now closed). Otherwise, the steelhead rivers just a bit south of there will probably be your next place to look.

If you just have fishing questions: I can help a little. I typically just fish hardware in that area. You can get some surf perch on the beach side if you know where to look, and coho can be had from Social Security/Retirement Beach at the Columbia mouth (but is now closed). Otherwise, the steelhead rivers just a bit south of there will probably be your next place to look.

So couple of things, I have 9'6" rod and going to spool up acouple of reeels for it, one with 250 grain for some bonita fishing down here in so cal, but not sure what to string for the Steelhead rivers, i will be going around thanksgiving?

I also have noticed a lot of lakes that dont seem to be fished much and wonder about some kayak fishing on these lakes and why they dont seemt o be fished much. Everything down here is fished so heavy.

I would love to try surf fishing with a fly rod, i have only done it with standerd gear, i assume my 7 and 8 wts would be the ticket there, as well.

Matt

Steelhead: Really depends how you want to target them. Nymphing would be the most effective overall, which would require an aggressive taper full floater with a long rear taper. Swinging flies is a much longer answer, and is more than I will type here. That's more of a Jan/Mar/Apr fishery though. November is primarily a chinook fishing game in those streams. That's also a whole other can of worms.

I am not a lake fisherman, so don't have any advice there. I do know there's a few out that way that guys fish and do well, but I'm just not that savvy when it comes to the lake opportunities.

Steelhead: Really depends how you want to target them. Nymphing would be the most effective overall, which would require an aggressive taper full floater with a long rear taper. Swinging flies is a much longer answer, and is more than I will type here. That's more of a Jan/Mar/Apr fishery though. November is primarily a chinook fishing game in those streams. That's also a whole other can of worms.

I am not a lake fisherman, so don't have any advice there. I do know there's a few out that way that guys fish and do well, but I'm just not that savvy when it comes to the lake opportunities.

I have four spools to fill in 7-8, I have an 8wt sage salt with rio stripper intouch 300 grain on it, Would like another line to it.
I have the 7wt that i will put rio stripper 250 grain, then will look into something for the coastal rivers. I will be getting a guide for the first few times.

I am good with my trout rods and lines, i have been fishing trout for almost 40 years. but this PNW stuff is rband new but amazing from everythig i have seen, I keep telling myself i will not try spey, i will not try spey, Oh but it loks so awesome.

Latest posts