Caught 18 inches of fish on the Yak!

That is NOT one 18 inch fish, rather the total length of the 6 fish I caught.

Fished at Ringer at the dog park. Worked up about a mile and all I can say is the trail is in really bad shape. From 9:30 to 1:30 I saw a total of 2 cadis bouncing across the river, totally unmolested from bank to bank and 1 crane fly that was completely ignored. That was the hatch!

The reports of big hatches certainly wasn't the situation today. As for lights out fishing if 3 inchers are your game it could be definitely lights out.

We fished an area that typically produces pretty good numbers of average sized fish and an occasional really large fish. Not a rise nor a fish to be had, it must be their day off~!

Well that is fishing and you couldn't ask for a nicer day and I did catch 18 inches of fish!

Dave

TDub

I like that area a lot. It used to be really good before a flood about 8 years ago.? Lots of good water up there if you're willing to bushwack.

Jojo

Trout Fear Me

Fished at Ringer at the dog park. Worked up about a mile and all I can say is the trail is in really bad shape. From 9:30 to 1:30 I saw a total of 2 cadis bouncing across the river, totally unmolested from bank to bank and 1 crane fly that was completely ignored. That was the hatch!

The reports of big hatches certainly wasn't the situation today. As for lights out fishing if 3 inchers are your game it could be definitely lights out.

We fished an area that typically produces pretty good numbers of average sized fish and an occasional really large fish. Not a rise nor a fish to be had, it must be their day off~!

Well that is fishing and you couldn't ask for a nicer day and I did catch 18 inches of fish!

Dave
Oh i don’t feel so bad now! i caught 16” of rainbow! I just got in at 8:00 pm fishing in the dark with bats again. Yesterday i fished over 4 hours in fishy water, saw splashes and strikes but i just couldn’t get more than two on this trip. Sometimes i hate the Yakima so much.

nb_ken

Dave
Yeah, those little smolts are a real hazard on the Yak this time of year. I got 2 rules about that.

1. If there's little fish around, there are no big fish around.
2. If little fish are taking your fly, big fish will take that fly too -- somewhere else.

Latest posts