Am I a cheapskate?

I tried to book the evening of Saturday October 6th. In order to do so I had to pay for Saturday the 6th and Sunday the 7th. (Ie; 1 night = two days)
I got it now. Nothing against Boggans but at that price, I would chose a different place. I'm guessing their prices are based on demand during the peak season to keep them afloat during the off season.

jersey

livin' the dream
Not uncommon charging for full weekends. Seems high, but theyve gotta stay afloat when demand is low.

The solution is simple, roll solo... good luck with that one!

But if you want the full glishing (trademark) experience, $900 might be OK for a great overnight with the family.
Excellent new word! I fully approve!

As for my opinion of the price, it's what the market will bear. If they can get customers at that price, more power to them. As with many others, it's a bit rich for my blood, but I won't diss vendor or customers for their choices.

Krusty

Reminds me of motel rates in Sturgis during the rally (though Boggans' not even remotely in the ballpark of rally motel prices). Lots of bitching, but it pays for the rest of the financially moribund year.

Nobody is twisting anybody's arm to stay....you gotta pay to play. Completely free-market principles govern the recreational hospitality trade.

...shitloads of RV's sit in storage lots, unused and endlessly consuming the equivalent of many many nights at motel accommodations.
I have never owned an RV, but wondered. I know some people who exercise their RV at least a couple times a month year around, but others end up using theirs once or twice a year, and that just doesn't seem economical to me, considering their cost. But like I said, I've never owned one, so what do I know?

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I have never owned an RV, but wondered. I know some people who exercise their RV at least a couple times a month year around, but others end up using theirs once or twice a year, and that just doesn't seem economical to me, considering their cost. But like I said, I've never owned one, so what do I know?
My brother had a pop up camper. He used it about 4 times in about 4 years. When I lived in Marysville there was a guy who lived across the street and had a big motor home. He used it about twice in the 6 years we lived there.

Sorta depends on actual versus predicted usage; shitloads of RV's sit in storage lots, unused and endlessly consuming the equivalent of many many nights at motel accomodations.
I spend about 6 months a year in mine fishing which I know is not the norm. Lots of campers, tent trailers and travel trailers rot on the blocks. All of these items are now expensive if you're buying new but there's often deals around on used stuff especially at this time of year. Regardless, that's for another thread.

Not surprised. Stuff is expensive now. We have to book rooms for work (not me personally, but our company) every couple months to work out of town. The rooms are the only game in town, and are $115 a night, no frills and no meals.
When we went up to Glacier this summer, the KOA charges $140 a night for a RV spot! Though it IS pretty luxurious there, and only about five minutes from the park. And don't plan on rolling in and getting one. Those coveted RV spots have to be booked a full year out!

Latest posts