N. Idaho NW Montana Guidance

River Pig

I'll be heading to Albeni Falls and Libby dams next week for work and will of course be packing a couple flyrods (three and six weight). I'll be staying in Sandpoint, ID and travelling out to the dams, so I'm looking for any intel on creeks/small rivers that I should check out, recommended patterns, fly shops I shouldn't miss etc. Anyone that lives up there and wants to rendezvous after work one day I'll buy beers. PMs are welcome and you can rest assured I won't share locations over the internet or with anyone but personally vetted fishing buddies. Thanks in advance for any assistance. -- Kent

there is a great flyshop in sandpoint go spend some money and they will point you towards some fish. there is also a great fly shop in troy montana call the shoo fly. he makes awesome rods and has great local knowledge.

to people thinking about responding, please, dont hotspot. if you insist on giving up the info, DM the man!

Old Man

Just an Old Man
there is a great flyshop in sandpoint go spend some money and they will point you towards some fish. there is also a great fly shop in troy montana call the shoo fly. he makes awesome rods and has great local knowledge.

to people thinking about responding, please, dont hotspot. if you insist on giving up the info, DM the man!
Whats a DM.

River Pig

Thanks Dustin. I dont want to cause any hotspots, wetspots or any kind of spots. PM or DMs welcome. Please no BMs.
Do you know the name of the flyshop in Sandpoint? All I see online is north 40. Thanks -- Kent

slim

Fish or Ski...Fish or ski....fish!
Hey River Pig, I grew up about 3 miles east of Albeni Falls Dam. The only real fly fishing spots around there would be lake fishing outside of Newport. Lots of Pend Orielle tributaries around Sandpoint but most people have tight lips regarding them. As Dustin mentioned head into the fly shop for some intel.

Latest posts