So after a couple years of advertising

Jeremy Floyd

fly fishing my way through life
I think I’ll try here...

I found a sage rod with a very expensive reel on it. This has been a couple years now, and before I just “keep it” I want to try one last time to find the original owner.

The rod was found on the bank of the Campbell River BC.

Tell me what weight and models, and where you lost it, and I’ll ship it. Advertised on kijiji and the Facebook page for Campbell River, with no luck.

I think I’ll try here...

I found a sage rod with a very expensive reel on it. This has been a couple years now, and before I just “keep it” I want to try one last time to find the original owner.

The rod was found on the bank of the Campbell River BC.

Tell me what weight and models, and where you lost it, and I’ll ship it. Advertised on kijiji and the Facebook page for Campbell River, with no luck.
You're a good man Jeremy Floyd!

Jeremy Floyd

fly fishing my way through life
I’m not sure how much it cost whoever lost it. Its a Z axis with a custom Vosseler reel. Has to be close to 2 grand total.

Albula

The reel may have a serial number on it somewhere that would allow it to be traced to the original owner. This is customary on some of the smaller market custom reels. You might also check with Sage to see if a warranty card was filled out for the rod. There is definitely a serial number on it.

IveofIone

This story has a familiar but sad ring to it. A few years back a hooked an Orvis high end fly rod and aluminum bar stock Batttenkill reel in a local lake. I couldn't find any ads for lost outfits and just hung on to it for quite awhile. Then one of our members found a depth finder at one of his local lakes and since I had plenty of rods but my Fishin' Buddy had just failed we agreed to swap the rod and reel for the depth finder. Caveat emptor. The depth finder never worked and went to the landfill-he is still using said rod. I have never owned a rod or reel as expensive as that and wish like hell now that I hadn't given it away. Again-sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. I got splattered.

Jeremy, you are really one of the good guys. I doubt you can get any more Karma points after your efforts so these are your options: 1. If your conscience won't allow you to fish and enjoy the combo.... donate it...Jerry is a good start. 2. Use it enough to decide if it suits your style. 3. If it does, keep it. 4. Sell it and put the coin to good use...whatever that may be. Good things happen to good people for a reason.

Latest posts