Trip Report Finally

scottybs

Finally my first bonefish! I’ve been packing a rod to work on my trips to Maui for about the last year, with only one miss. This trip I decided to hire Johan from JonJon’s outfit, I’m happy with the result! Biggest change from what I had been doing was a bigger and a neutral colored shrimp pattern! Time to fly back to the mainland.

Attachments

Last edited:

2kayaker

Finally my first bonefish! I’ve been packing a rod to work on my trips to Maui for about the last year, with only one miss. This trip I decided to hire Johan from JonJon’s outfit, I’m happy with the result! Biggest change from what I had been doing was a bigger and a neutral colored shrimp pattern! Time to fly back to the mainland.
Congrats !! This november I'll be trying for the 4th time diy off kihei. 15 ft spey, 9wt, med head, large shrimp pattern. Blind casting 80 ft in waste deep water, 20 ft retrieve, fan casting. Any hints on the retreive method ?

scottybs

Congrats !! This november I'll be trying for the 4th time diy off kihei. 15 ft spey, 9wt, med head, large shrimp pattern. Blind casting 80 ft in waste deep water, 20 ft retrieve, fan casting. Any hints on the retreive method ?
Watch some bone vids if new, throw let it sink a while so it hits bottom, 2 sloowwww deliberate strips pause, repeat sometimes with 1 strip. Good luck!

Latest posts