FS “Updated: Rods now for sale” Winston, Sage, Edge

MRKbass

Thanks in advance for your help! I need some price suggestions for a number of rods that I am no longer using. Kids, hunting, work have cut my time down a little, so I need to trim the fat. I have a few more that I am not using but will get to those later.
All are in great shape complete with factory tube and sock. NOW FOR SALE! All prices include shipping to lower 48. The two pice if obviously a little more costly to ship
1. Sage SP 586-3 blank is perfect and looks unused. Slightest patina on the metal, but no damage. Smooth clean cork, tube in perfect shape, the sock smells like it had been damp at one time but I have never washed it to see if it cleans up $300 SAGE SP SOLD!

2. Sage 389-3 vps light, perfect blank, smooth cork, these have the black painted reel seats, no chips in this one. Includes sock, brown corduroy sage tube, really in perfect shape. $300 SOLD $$$

3. Edge alpha 590-4
Maybe fished, can’t remember and looks like new. Strong 5 weight by Gary Loomis! Raw finish reminds of the early G Loomis rods
Great shape, no tube was $250, NOW $220

4. Winston IM6 586-3. #33k. Great shape. Full Wells with zebra wood down locking nickel silver seat One of my favorites. In the original green tube and white sock. Everyone who casts this thing wants to own it and I don’t blame them. $550 includes a brand new custom made Harding green 3 piece rod/ reel case so you don’t beat up the original tube. I forget what I paid for it, maybe $75??? WINSTON 586 SOLD!

5. Winston IM6 580-2. # 15k?? Not looking at it this moment. Looks like it’s been in the time capsule for 20yrs. In the original green sock and unpainted tube. Full Wells grip, teak and aluminum seat. This is what I would consider a 5 weight version of a TMF. These rarely pop up for sale and the action is amazing. $525

I have provided a few cell phones pics but let me know if you have any specific questions in mind regarding condition or shipping-pricing. First public “I’ll take it” trumps all other inquiries. Thank everyone and Have an awesome day
Matt

Attachments

Last edited:
4. Winston IM6 586-3. #33k. Great shape. Full Wells with zebra wood down locking. One of my favorites. In the original green tube and white sock.
5. Winston IM6 580-2. # 15k?? Not looking at it this moment. Looks like it’s been in the time capsule for 20yrs. In the original green sock and unpainted tube. Full Wells grip, teak seat.

I have interest on these 2 rods.

MRKbass

One beautiful Winston 5 weight left. Talk to me about this one before I have a change of heart. It’s a sweet one! And pretty rare. I don’t think I’ve ever seen another

MRKbass

Bump for the weekend! Buy this rod! It’s a sweet taper and casts oh so sweet. Will carry more line and throw bigger bugs than a TMF but has similar flex profile. It’s a winner and looks brand new. Don’t hesitate because you haven’t heard much about this one. It won’t disappoint

Edge alpha is available. I didn’t realize that there was a small scratch on the blank that shouldn’t affect performance. It was brought to my attention by another member. I can provide some pictures to the buyer. Now only $220 shipped for a very nice 5 weight!

Also have this oh so sweet 8’ 5 weight Winston IM6. Very rare rod and it casts wonderfully. It has the sweetest medium action for delicate presentation, but also has plenty of guts to throw 60’ or so and handle larger fish. It won’t disappoint.

Latest posts