Trip Report Hit the beach for SRC today

Had some time checked the tides and hit one of my favorite beaches today. When I got there the tide was going out there was little wind and the water was pretty flat. I could see the current flowing and some fish jumping. It was set up beautifully. First I tied on a popper I tied up last night but after several drive by slaps at it and one brief hookup I busted out the trusty rolled muddler. It once again produced by getting some fish to the net. One of which was the smallest cuttie I ever landed, maybe 5 inches. I'll hand it to that little guy though he had some shoulders. I hope I get to wrestle with him again someday when he grows up. I didn't get a pic of junior though. Including that guy I ended up 4 to the net with 8 solid hookups. One of course that got away was substantially larger than the ones in the pics. I never got him on the reel and when he started running right at me I couldn't strip in fast enough and he just plain came unbuttoned. All in all a great little outing. Big peace Lotsa love and tight lines to all!!! IMG_0623.JPG IMG_0625.JPG IMG_0627.JPG

Bentley

Recently experience similar enjoyment on OP coastal rivers with SRC. Their willingness to come like small missiles to take dry flies on the downstream dead drift and the waking swing is a pleasure. Not the heart attack of Coho & Chinook, but they can not be beat when it comes to their beauty & fight they put up for their size. A true treasure of the PNW.

Recently experience similar enjoyment on OP coastal rivers with SRC. Their willingness to come like small missiles to take dry flies on the downstream dead drift and the waking swing is a pleasure. Not the heart attack of Coho & Chinook, but they can not be beat when it comes to their beauty & fight they put up for their size. A true treasure of the PNW.[/QUOTE

Amen to that Bentley I love those scrappy SRC yanking on my rod and oh so gorgeous!!! This was my last week of trout bummin all over the state for the last 6 weeks and it's back to work and commuting tomorrow. But you can bet your bottom dollar come the weekend Shasta and I will be on a beach a riverbank or a lake somewhere flyrod in hand. Peace Out, keep it barbless and catch and release ALL wild fish!!!! IMG_0574.JPG IMG_0618.JPG IMG_0618.JPG

Latest posts