NFR Flu Shots – yes or no?

Did you try asking your doctor... ?
Often times medical professionals are best equipped to answer medical and health related issues.....

As opposed to a fishing board..

Just sayin'

ROTFLMFAO...
Didn’t you read this thread? We’ve already had an MD give his opinion. He suggests you DO NOT get the vaccine.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Did the alleged MD on this thread examine anyone on this thread, review their medical history, or consider the individuals risk factors before opining with a broad brush....

Seems irresponsible to me to dispense specific individual medical advice without examining the patient.....oh.....does the medical board approve of internet based individualized medical advice dispensed this way ?

I'm head of the CDC by the way, and I say get one.....lol

That settles that....

:)

Did the alleged MD on this thread examine anyone on this thread, review their medical history, or consider the individuals risk factors before opining with a broad brush....

Seems irresponsible to me to dispense specific individual medical advice without examining the patient.....oh.....does the medical board approve of internet based individualized medical advice dispensed this way ?

I'm head of the CDC by the way, and I say get one.....lol

That settles that....

Just for 'alledgely' posting that I would look
Elsewhere for a Primary.

I got a flu shot ONE TIME.
Two weeks later, I got the worst flu of my life and was sick for over two weeks.
Coincidence?
Actually the immunity following flu shot develops over the next couple of weeks, so you may have fallen into that window. And, you're right, infections are a normal part of life. Pretty hard explaining to relatives that their daughter/son/grandmother is dead though when a simple injection could have lessened, if not prevented, the disease.

Buzzy

I hope the following question isn't hijacking the thread. If you're already sick (cold and or....some other virus), do doctors recommend getting a flu vaccine when you're still not well? I guess I should ask: should you be healthy when you get the vaccine or does that part of this complicated equation matter??

(Yes, I understand we don't get live virus flu shots).

I hope the following question isn't hijacking the thread. If you're already sick (cold and or....some other virus), do doctors recommend getting a flu vaccine when you're still not well? I guess I should ask: should you be healthy when you get the vaccine or does that part of this complicated equation matter??

(Yes, I understand we don't get live virus flu shots).
mild you are fine more sick should wait

Hell no on the flu shot. The army made me get one back in the 90s under duress- "take the shot L.T. or else....... :(

I haven't had the flu in over 30 years myself and that's after raising 4 petri dishes. I'm sure it helps some people who are susceptible to the flu or high risk.

If it ain't broke Trapper, don't fix it.
Car insurance? Hell no. Never had an accident in 30 years!

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...

Agreed. The MD on this thread who suggest not getting the flu shot is not supported by his professional association, the American Academy of Family Physicians. I am presuming the other 131,399 family practice docs in that association follow the standard of care recommendation from AAFP. Those standards are listed earlier in the thread.

Latest posts