NFR Flu Shots – yes or no?

Trapper

ISO brown liquor and wild salmonoids
All true @b_illymac.

Did you miss this part of my post?

But, the patient should not be passive. The patient should work with the doctor.
I'm certainly not saying or even implying information is being withheld from patients, but it's the patient's responsibility to listen to their doctor and to read the enclosed information sheets is it not?

My point is the wise patient understands they need to take an active role in their health and recovery. A wise patient or their advocate is entitled to ask the nurse, "Does the pain meds you're injecting into me have codeine in it? I'm allergic to it." instead of believing all medical professionals are infallible.

All true @b_illymac.

Did you miss this part of my post?

I'm certainly not saying or even implying information is being withheld from patients, but it's the patient's responsibility to listen to their doctor and to read the enclosed information sheets is it not?

My point is the wise patient understands they need to take an active role in their health and recovery. A wise patient or their advocate is entitled to ask the nurse, "Does the pain meds you're injecting into me have codeine in it? I'm allergic to it." instead of believing all medical professionals are infallible.
If I gave the impression that I think medical professionals are infallible, that was not my intent. I do have confidence in medical science because it is the best option for reducing suffering and death. I hear about bad choices parents make every day and the consequences those choices have on their innocent children. So when a guy like Rob comes along and repeatedly spews the most ignorant and thoughtless dribble and acts like that opinion he has is just as valid as a medical professional's, I'm going to treat him accordingly.

Regarding allergies to medications, every doctors visit I go to I get asked if I have any allergies. A patient always has the opportunity to ask too. Unwise patients also deserve proper care, which is why many of the questions are asked at the beginning of an appointment.

Trapper

Regarding allergies to medications, every doctors visit I go to I get asked if I have any allergies. A patient always has the opportunity to ask too. Unwise patients also deserve proper care, which is why many of the questions are asked at the beginning of an appointment.
My wife had gall bladder surgery. She accurately filled out the form including her severe reaction to codeine. When the doctor asked her if she needed post-op pain meds, she said yes, but reminded him of her codeine reaction.

When the nurse arrived, I asked her if the pain meds contained codeine. She said, "Yes. Is that a problem?"

i
The problem with Rob is that on the off chance he makes a valid point, he lets it float in a sea of confusion, obfuscation, and insults.[/QUOTE

I do not believe i have insulted anyone! If someone is offended by the truth then their problem is with reality and their feeling insulted is unjustified and therefore not on me.

My wife had gall bladder surgery. She accurately filled out the form including her severe reaction to codeine. When the doctor asked her if she needed post-op pain meds, she said yes, but reminded him of her codeine reaction.

When the nurse arrived, I asked her if the pain meds contained codeine. She said, "Yes. Is that a problem?"
Is the allergy to Codeine or Codone? Believe it or not they are different and get mixed all the time. Can I ask what the allergy is? Often people get upset stomachs and this is because they don't take the pain medication with food. It's not an allergy so much as a side effect common to any of the narcotic pain medication.

jwg

All of the experts said Saddam had chemical and biological weapons.
You have this incorrect.

The experts, i.e. the intelligence professionals in the U.S. and abroad, knew and said that Saddam did not have these weapons.

The politicians in power, with Dick Cheney in the lead, believed that they could transform the middle east starting with an easy successful war in Iraq that would cause other governments in the region to either topple in succession or at least toe the line in fear of American power.

These politicians, in pursuit of their geopolitical fantasy, intentionally ignored the intelligence professionals in our own intelligence community as well as those internationally.

Instead they deliberately planted the falsehoods about Iraq, repeated their falsehoods over and over again, and did what they wanted to do in the first place. The falsehoods were that Iraq was involved in the 9/11 attacks, not so, and that Iraq had and continued to develop weapons of mass destruction, also not so.

The result is obviously a disaster, and we are still in it. and worse, we have accepted it as normal.

Neither congress as an independent and equal branch of government, nor our free press, acted very strongly to counter this at the time.

Any of these patterns of behavior ring a bell in light of current events?

What could go wrong?

Jay

You have this incorrect.

The experts, i.e. the intelligence professionals in the U.S. and abroad, knew and said that Saddam did not have these weapons.

The politicians in power, with Dick Cheney in the lead, believed that they could transform the middle east starting with an easy successful war in Iraq that would cause other governments in the region to either topple in succession or at least toe the line in fear of American power.

These politicians, in pursuit of their geopolitical fantasy, intentionally ignored the intelligence professionals in our own intelligence community as well as those internationally.

Instead they deliberately planted the falsehoods about Iraq, repeated their falsehoods over and over again, and did what they wanted to do in the first place. The falsehoods were that Iraq was involved in the 9/11 attacks, not so, and that Iraq had and continued to develop weapons of mass destruction, also not so.

The result is obviously a disaster, and we are still in it. and worse, we have accepted it as normal.

Neither congress as an independent and equal branch of government, nor our free press, acted very strongly to counter this at the time.

Any of these patterns of behavior ring a bell in light of current events?

What could go wrong?

Jay
This is correct and well documented. It was as much that evil little Donald Rumsfeld as Cheney. Those bastards sure had an agenda.

Wait.....wen't we talking about vaccinations?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I just got my second shingles shot. I went through a day of body aches but I wont be getting the shingles.
Billy,
If you are in the Seattle area, can you send me a PM where you found the Shingrix vaccine?
I've been unable to locate anyone that has any.
Thanks,
SF

Trapper

Is the allergy to Codeine or Codone? Believe it or not they are different and get mixed all the time. Can I ask what the allergy is? Often people get upset stomachs and this is because they don't take the pain medication with food. It's not an allergy so much as a side effect common to any of the narcotic pain medication.
Tylenol-Codeine makes her VERY short of breath, which throws her into a panic.