NFR Flu Shots – yes or no?

KerryS

Ignored Member
You guys need to go see a movie or something to release your minds from watching WFF. Come back tomorrow and start a thread on knots or something.

dflett68

Why do you suppose people trying to avoid expert advise?
I will tell you it's because experts with the best information, the best training, even with the best intentions are wrong as often as they are right.
Here is an example. Iraq and WMDs
All of the experts said Saddam had chemical and biological weapons.
And you know what? He did, or rather the Iraqi army did, they didn't know they had them, they were just laying around mixed with other weapons.
So technically yes the experts were right but their data was wrong and lead to using WMDs as a pretext for war. Which lead to the death of. ??? How may people?
Then other experts got involved and said hey look no wmds thats what they said we went there for then came up with the not so clever slogan "Bush lied people died".
This also is a misuse of the best information available and millions. I imagine some here, believed it.

Experts are a dime a dozen and worth about half of that.
Don't shove your religion of expertism on everyone else.
Again experts. Even groups of experts are wrong as often as they are right. History proves this. And proves it in spades.
Listen to ALL the experts and make up your own mind.
I am sure there is nothing wrong with the flu vaccine but thanks to this thread and the attitude i want one less than ever.
the luscious irony rob is that your view of "experts" should lead you to doubt everything and everybody and be an agnostic on every area of knowledge you cannot confirm with your own experience. and when i say "confirm", i do not mean "feel". of course, since your own experience, education, and capacities are so narrow, what you can confirm yourself within the universe of what can be known by mankind amounts to jack shit. in spite of this, you are captain certainty. you don't doubt those you disagree with, you declare them unequivocally to be "wrong". you don't question your own beliefs, you declare them unequivocally to be "right". you are a mess, man. i guess it is working for you though.

Matt Paluch

the luscious irony rob is that your view of "experts" should lead you to doubt everything and everybody and be an agnostic on every area of knowledge you cannot confirm with your own experience. and when i say "confirm", i do not mean "feel". of course, since your own experience, education, and capacities are so narrow, what you can confirm yourself within the universe of what can be known by mankind amounts to jack shit. in spite of this, you are captain certainty. you don't doubt those you disagree with, you declare them unequivocally to be "wrong". you don't question your own beliefs, you declare them unequivocally to be "right". you are a mess, man. i guess it is working for you though.
The Dunning-Kruger effect personified.

dld

Taking quite a gamble by believing in only one, then.
The Dunning-Kruger effect personified.
Great call.

The best DK effect I ever witnessed was when playing competitive foosball. Guys who ruled their frat house would come to tournaments thinking the were going to show tourney players what was what. Most of the time they would score one or two points in two matches, against their opponents 20 points.

Matt Paluch

Taking quite a gamble by believing in only one, then.

Great call.

The best DK effect I ever witnessed was when playing competitive foosball. Guys who ruled their frat house would come to tournaments thinking the were going to show tourney players what was what. Most of the time they would score one or two points in two matches, against their opponents 20 points.
I was a competitive swimmer. My senior year, a bunch of American football players decided to join swimming because they didn't get their letter in football and they were confident that swimming was the easiest sport to try. They thought they were guaranteed to letter in swimming. How hard could it be?

The first practice they showed up in their swim trunks and were talking a little shit. I was a middle distance swimmer (sweet spot was 500 yards for me) and was already warming up. One of them jumped in my lane and started thrashing away trying to keep up. I lapped him in 100 yards.

To their credit, most of them stuck with it for the entire season. I think 2 of them lettered in the end. The funny thing is that I was nervous when they showed up to swim. I had been swimming my whole life and worked damn hard to get to the level I was at. These guys were considered some of the best athletes in the school, and I was nervous that all my hard work would be for nothing if they came in and were faster than me. After all, people always talk about how hard it is to play football - especially at a 4A school. I assumed that the best athletes would be playing football, and that those same athletes would be naturally better than me in the water. I gained the confidence I probably should have had to begin with when I saw how much better I was at swimming than they were. The many years of training I had, combined with natural ability really showed. Some of these guys had told me that being a 4 year letterman in swimming didn't mean as much as lettering 1 year in football. After that first practice one of them came up to me and said he didn't know how I could swim that fast for that long. I did my best to help them all after that, and we had a great year. The end result was that we all gained a better respect for each other and each other's sport.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
You guys need to go see a movie or something to release your minds from watching WFF. Come back tomorrow and start a thread on knots or something.
Rob will be on the thread to tell you it's either the wrong knot, it's tied the wrong way, that your knot infringes on his freedom, it's an ungodly and therefore a blasphemous knot, that it's an unconstitutional knot, or that the knot is not used locally and does not respect the culture of the river........

Book it..

KerryS

Ignored Member
Rob will be on the thread to tell you it's either the wrong knot, it's tied the wrong way, that your knot infringes on his freedom, it's an ungodly and therefore a blasphemous knot, that it's an unconstitutional knot, or that the knot is not used locally and does not respect the culture of the river........

Book it..
What movie you planning to see?

Porter

I have heard all the arguments. In this country it seems we do what is best for yourself and not In the interest of others. Otherwise companies or corporations would be paying higher wages and better benefits. I believe in one thing but actions by others might tell you to do another. In the end you are doing what is right for you and significant others that matter to you, or what you believe....Screw the others, that’s on them... They’ll do it to you. Eat your veggies...but don’t ever tell me I’m a threat because I won’t take a shot. BS!!!!! The threat is it is cheaper to have many get sick and some die than help them ......and a few get richer!

Now that is a positive outlook huh?

Or a reality outlook?

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
What movie you planning to see?
Not sure yet.....thinking something with an apocalyptic tone to it, something with defined black and white themes, no gray areas.....
Just to keep in the spirit of things.

Got any suggestions ?

:)

KerryS

Ignored Member
Not sure yet.....thinking something with an apocalyptic tone to it, something with defined black and white themes, no gray areas.....
Just to keep in the spirit of things.

Got any suggestions ?

:)
Sorry can’t help. I haven’t watched a movie in 25 years, probably longer.

JACKspASS

yes-awesome-oldschool.gif

I really don't see this ending well for Rob(does it ever?). However, I do appreciate his viewpoints when dealing with us, heathens. The differences usually lie in the realm of Rob defending his right/wrong(black/white) Christianity based beliefs, while the rest of us have a very subjective, quantative viewpoint based on human knowledge on most matters, and the two usually clash when discussing morals, ethics, science, etc....

Rob needs to stop talking in absolutes and the rest of us need to stop railing on Rob over his opinions.....

I've been saying all along, we need to get Rob his own forum, a sub to the steelhead forum preferably...

Latest posts