NFR Flu Shots – yes or no?

Rob Allen

Measles shots anyone
The MMR vaccine is very safe and effective. Two doses of MMR vaccine are about 97% effective at preventing measles; one dose is about 93% effective. Children may also get MMRV vaccine, which protects against measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella (chickenpox)

Don't care because of you.
Exactly the reason why you’ll remain ignorant. You could gain knowledge, yet you choose not to because you feel sorry for yourself because I thoroughly obliterated your argument. If you don’t care what I say, don’t respond to my comments. We both know that you don’t have enough self control to do that.

Wow...so a guy disagrees with you all on something. Big deal. The amount of hatred and animosity directed toward Rob is embarrassing.

Rob, keep thinking for yourself dude. It takes some guts to go against the flow. You're not alone.
We have a lot of experience with Rob. You’ll see if you hang around.

This flu shot issue is interesting just because of the reaction of people towards those who take a contrarian view. You guys are totally losing it - talking about how he should die because of his views??? You guys remind me of when Salman Rushdie dropped his Satanic Verses and the muslims went crazy. It's like Rob violated some sort of sacred shrine of your religion or something.

This flu shot issue is interesting just because of the reaction of people towards those who take a contrarian view. You guys are totally losing it - talking about how he should die because of his views??? You guys remind me of when Salman Rushdie dropped his Satanic Verses and the muslims went crazy. It's like Rob violated some sort of sacred shrine of your religion or something.
I never said he should die. I don’t remember anyone else saying that either.

Just an empirical contribution:

- I rec'd the quad vaccine in November 2018
- NM is one of the hot-spots for influenza in the U.S. this season
- I spend my days on a college campus surrounded by germ vectors aka students
- I came down with the flu last week
- While I didn't dodge the bullet entirely, it has not been a very bad case so the vaccine likely helped produce an early warning response from my immune system. Did not even miss a day of running.

FWIW

I never said he should die. I don’t remember anyone else saying that either.
Does this help your memory? Post 474.

80,000 dead Americans last year from the flu. Pretty sure that makes it the deadliest disease in this country that has a vaccine available.

Please don't get the flu shot, Rob. Then the next time you see a sick kid sneeze, go get the Kleenex out of the trash and rub it all over your face.

I got the flu this year for the first time in many years. Spent 5 absolutely miserable days in bed with the lights off, no TV, phone, computer, nada. Never been sicker in my life and felt like shite for at least two weeks...

Will be getting the shot from now on.

Latest posts