NFR Flu Shots – yes or no?

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Have you been able to find the Shingrix shots in your area?
No, Brian. When I got my seniors' flu shot a few minutes ago I asked the pharmacist about the shortage. He has no idea what caused it, but the company that produces Shingrix stated that the shortage should end come the first part of next year. Since Shingrix is a 2-shot regimen, I'm guessing that & possibly underestimating the demand may have had something to do with it. I already have the "old" shingles vaccination; I'll wait until Shingrix is readily available to best ensure that I can can receive both doses.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Jim,
Thanks for the reply.
I was in getting a flu shot recently and I asked the gal if they had any Shingrix available.
She just laughed at me.....
SF

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I was in getting a flu shot recently and I asked the gal if they had any Shingrix available.
She just laughed at me.....
Don't feel bad, Brian - people just look at me and start laughing . . .

I found this on-line, but it doesn't appear to be terribly up to date - I called a couple other area pharmacies that were listed and they were both out.
https://www.shingrix.com/shingles-vaccine-locator.html

Got our flu shots last Friday. UW Medical had no Shingrix available throughout the Puget Sound area at that time -and didn't know when they'd receive any of it.
We did get our first shingles vaccine several years ago, so have some protection.

I for one feel fortunate we live in a time that has these options available to us.

Its just government conspiracy to get control of you and make you sicker and weaker. Its essentially fact at this point that vaccinations they give to little kids is what's causing the explosion in autism and these kids that are extremely introverted.
You really are an idiot....did you go to school for it or just born that way?

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I never ever heard about Shingles until I moved here to Montana. So I had the doctor give me a prescription for the shot. I inquired at the local pharmacy about the shot and even with my insurance it would still run me 40 bucks. I just put it on hold. I like to live
dangerously. This is one of those thing that everybody can get but not everybody does.

GAT

Dumbfounded
I've known a couple of folks, including my mother-in-law, who had shingles and they said it was extremely painful and something you'd want to avoid if you can. As I'm not a fan of pain I did get a shingles shot.

Trapper..... for cry'n out loud! Don't get a shot! It is obvious you are doubtful about the vaccine and it's your life so do whatever you want. There's plenty of folks who get flu shots so I'm not worried about those who decide not to get one having any effect on me.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I never ever heard about Shingles until I moved here to Montana. So I had the doctor give me a prescription for the shot. I inquired at the local pharmacy about the shot and even with my insurance it would still run me 40 bucks. I just put it on hold. I like to live
dangerously. This is one of those thing that everybody can get but not everybody does.
Jim,
I think if you talk to anyone who has suffered through shingles, they'll tell you that $40.00 would be money well spent.
SF

https://www.google.com/search?q=shi...0PfdAhUkFzQIHTkhBxcQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=969

Of course, you don't need the shingles shot, . . . until just before you get shingles.
Even thinking about shingles can cause shingles. I put it off...at 66...till this last spring and found out nobody had it in stock. Endora, my MIL got it bad, has had eye issues ever since. I'll get the new version whenever it comes out.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I'm from the old school. If you don't need it, don't get it.
So am I in a lot of ways, but I helped care for a relative when he had shingles and observed his misery close-up & for an agonizingly long time. I had no doubt about getting vaccinated when I hit 50 & I'll do it again as soon as Shingrix is available to me.