Swap 2x6 swap - Alpine Lake Swap

I'd like to have the flies done by June when the high lakes start to open. Most of my free time will be on the trail and fishing after that. But I can hold off on the delivery until mid June or so.

-Ken

mr trout

Trevor Hutton
I'm in... I love getting up there away from everybody except a good hiking buddy. It's good to know there are still a few "secret" spots out there!

So far I have the following:

cmtundra
Icanfly
Wildlander (me)
mr Trout
Fly'ndutchman

Room for one more but will take a backup or two if one of the above opt out.

I will be tying a yellow caddis pupa emerger #16. They were found up on Wildcat Lakes (beyond Snow and Gem Lakes) in July and have seen them elsewhere. The trout were loaded with them too. Not very common, I always keep a few in the box for such times.

-Ken

When I think Alpine Lakes, I think simple, old fashion, dry flies. Always had a Grey Hackle in my fly box as a kid. Simple red hackle tail, peacock herl body and a grizzly hackle. Does this sound alright? I'll do them in size 16.

mr trout

Trevor Hutton
I love stripping (flies...usually) in the high lakes. I will tie a bugger variant of mine, and probably some sort of "get-your-attention" nymph...or maybe just a brown one that really works well in a lot of spots...we'll see.

mr trout

Trevor Hutton
I hope we can get one more...I got bored and got all mine tied up...
If not, I guess I don't have to worry about tying replacements for a while!

Come on somebody... Cowboy up and git tyin'! :thumb:

- Trevor

Let's go for it. This is my first time doing the swap, so I assume flies and addresses come to me and then go out to the recipients. Let me know if it works differently. In any event, please send privately to ken@wildlanders.com.

Will plan to have the flies sent out by the end of the month.

If others want to join, give me a hollar. I have not heard back from at least one person so there may still be a slot.

-Ken